PDA

View Full Version : Snakeskin

samir
Sat Nov 25, 2006, 01:54 PM
Just wondering what you guys think about this fish ? worth keeping ? FYI I cleaned the tank immediately after taking the picture :D its a bit off colour coz its just come in.

scott bowler
Sat Nov 25, 2006, 02:49 PM
thats a good fish the shape is very good and i would keep it .it has good colour under the right light and when its not of it would be awesome mate

mcloughlin2
Sat Nov 25, 2006, 11:06 PM
Its a nice fish and would make a great display fish.

But if you would like to use it for breeding i would say no. It has a hump on its head, which makes it not a show quality.

If your looking for show quality, or the best you can get i would not breed that fish. :P

Merrilyn
Sun Nov 26, 2006, 01:52 AM
Samir, that's a very nice looking fine line snakeskin.

Slight saddle nose, but nothing to worry about. Definately worth keeping and breeding from with that shape.

bun
Sun Nov 26, 2006, 08:30 AM
Beautiful mate :D looks great.

Mattzilla
Sun Nov 26, 2006, 09:02 AM
looks really good...well done

*Chris*
Sun Nov 26, 2006, 09:30 AM
i think you should just flush it mate its colour is alll over the place
looks like its been out on the p*ss
hahaha

samir
Sun Nov 26, 2006, 09:59 AM
it'll just clog up the toilet :lol: . it just came in yesterday so it'll take a few days for it to colour up. Here's a slightly better one

Xtreme
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 10:55 AM
What makes them get the bump on the nose? Is it something that their parents give them? And can it be bred out?

Bec

samir
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 11:04 AM
dunno, mines from getting punched in school :lol: . All the males I have seem to have a bump. My guess is there's probably a very small percentage that don't have it. with most fish i've seen if the bump's not there, the colour's not right, if the colour's right the shape's like a rugby ball, can't seem to find all those in one.

scott bowler
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 11:08 AM
hey samir he is looking much better now that the colour has come out more and settled in