PDA

View Full Version : My main tank

northfish
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:49 AM
Hi all,
This is my main tank I made the tank, the stand and the hood. It is 340litres (1380Lx380Wx650H) 10mm glass, it has 2x300watt Fluval tronic heaters and a 405 Fluval canister filter. There is an Aquaclear 304 conected to a quickclear. 2x air pumps drive the air stone in the left corner of the tank and to pump air into the outlet of the 405. It has 1x 4ft growlux fluro(I think it needs more light). I am still working on the DIY co2 system that is to be made from an old fire extinguisher. I love DIY!

scott bowler
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:14 PM
hi north it looks good nice tank. i think it needs more light too how many fluros do you have . i run 3 light batons in my tank 2red 1blue gro lux and a meat light i used to be a butcher anyway look cool talk soon. scott

northfish
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:28 PM
Hey Scott,
I run 1x36watt Growlux and the plants are not doing all that well, that's why I think I need more tubes but I'm not all that knowlegable about lighting so any info would be appreciated. Is there any merit in the HALIDE globes? or are fluro tubes ample?

Nathan
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:59 PM
in your situation the fluros will be ample, but youl need a lot more then that.

the more light the better your plants will do!

(but then again the more light the more algea, usually!)

northfish
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 01:19 PM
Hey Nathan,
Algae may not be to much of a problem as I have 2x borneo suckers, 1x whip tail and 4x bristle nose as well as a synodontis epturus in the tank. How many tubes do you sugest that I run though?

mcloughlin2
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 09:17 PM
I suggest you get at least 2 x40w fluro's ...

Your tank is way to dark for plants! However its a nice look'n tank