PDA

View Full Version : Seachem Florite

StonX
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 09:50 AM
Hi Guys,

Just wondering how do you use them? by itself or using gravel on top or something else?

The description on the product says its not recomended mixing with gravel, does anyone know why?

Davo
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 11:25 AM
I mixed 3 bags of flourite with a gravel/sand mix that I bought from Auburn Aquariums and it is great.

Plenty of people in the US mix Flourite with gravel and obtain great results.

You could also maybe mix some ADA substrates with gravel. I do not know if it has been done but I cannot see any reason why it couldn't.

Dave.

Roy
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 11:19 PM
I just used my straight on the bottom, then about 1" of pool filter sand on top sloping up to about 2" at the back.
The flourite bed is about 2" deep.

Roy

duck
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:35 AM
Hi Guys,

Just wondering how do you use them? by itself or using gravel on top or something else?[quote]
By itself that what is was made for.

[quote]The description on the product says its not recomended mixing with gravel, does anyone know why?
Try an separate it from the stuff you mixed it with after?And maybe they want to sell more of it
IMO that is a waste of money,You etheir go the full hog and use it exclusively or you get some soil,gravel and make your own which works aswell,It's one or the other not both,Again this my own opinion

StonX
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks for all the info guys.
What I thought initially is having the flourite on the bottom layer tehn some gravel at the top. Not going to mixing them both.

Will that be ok?

duck
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 01:46 PM
Eventually it will mix,By way of uprooting, replanting the plants.

Davo
Thu Oct 26, 2006, 12:21 PM
If you can afford it go with just Flourite.

If you want to do it cheaper mix it with gravel. It will still work well. My plants thrive.

Dave.

StonX
Thu Oct 26, 2006, 02:41 PM
Hi Duck,

Just saw your tank, looking really GREAT.
I notice that you are using Eco Complete. whats your opinion between seachem flourite and eco complete. which one are better or are they the same?

I've got a 4 x 18 x 18, how many kg/bags eco complete will I need to get about 4cm deep cover? 4cm is enough?

duck
Thu Oct 26, 2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks
I haven't used flourite,So can't really comment.

I used 5 bags of Eco-Complete and found it to be enough.

Davo
Fri Oct 27, 2006, 10:07 AM
From reading all the reviews from forums in the US Eco - Complete is rated better than Flourite.

The latest "hot" substrate is ADA.

Dave.

StonX
Fri Oct 27, 2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks Dave. I hoping ASA will stock it soon.