PDA

View Full Version : Discus Forums Membership Policy - All are welcome

taksan
Wed Oct 11, 2006, 10:49 PM
It has come to our attention that other forums are placing obstacles in front of people who wish to join or remain members of their fish forum but who might only visit the forum occaisonally or only read what others are saying.

Here at Discus Forums we welcome all members and invite you to contribute as often as you can without imposing any limits on the number of posts you must make to remain a member. You many post as often or as little as you like and we warmly welcome New members and people who are new to the hobby or new to Discus. Don't be afraid to as any question as we have many people who are experts in various areas that are only too happy to help the newcomer.

marg
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 12:40 PM
I have to second that Taksan - Discus Forum is as far as I am concerned the best Fish Forum on the Internet!!!.

It doesn't matter if you only log in once a month or every day - there is always someone on line who will do their best to answer any questions you may ask.

All of us on D.F. truly love our Fish, and on Discus Forum we are only too happy to assist you with whatever questions you may ask.

Some of us know a little (like me), some of us (like Ladyred, Taksan, Ben, Mac, Samir and Goldenpigeon) know a lot, but we will always do our best to assist you with whatever questions you may ask.

Discus Forum Rocks !!!

marg.

DiscusMad
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 01:23 PM
for anysort of forums its the best I have come across there is very very very few bickering people

Proteus
Wed Feb 28, 2007, 12:39 PM
It has come to our attention that other forums are placing obstacles in front of people who wish to join or remain members of their fish forum but who might only visit the forum occaisonally or only read what others are saying.

Here at Discus Forums we welcome all members and invite you to contribute as often as you can without imposing any limits on the number of posts you must make to remain a member. You many post as often or as little as you like and we warmly welcome New members and people who are new to the hobby or new to Discus. Don't be afraid to as any question as we have many people who are experts in various areas that are only too happy to help the newcomer.

Exactly.

sammigold
Thu Mar 01, 2007, 11:58 PM
Yeah, I have to say that this was the first forum I ever posted on and know now that I was extremely spoiled in terms of people and friendliness....

so many other forums are full of people who have no qualms with rudeness or ridicule... which I find quite sad. People dont have consideration of others feelings and find it quite acceptable to abuse people and become quite aggressive regarding stuff like Hijacking thread etc....
I didnt even know what hijacking a thread was whilst I was on DF as no one has ever been vilified for this type of behaviour which sometimes naturally happens.

DF is a great forum and others should look to it for a guide to creating a warm, friendly, helpful community of people...young and old, experienced and inexperienced..

sometimes I spend more time here but others I am busy with family etc and unable to contribute but Discus forums is my Home page and always will be....

I love discusforums...Yeah!

Proteus
Fri Mar 02, 2007, 06:02 AM
I love discusforums...Yeah!

Wouldnt it be funny if a dozen of us turned up to one of your concerts in regular clothing then half way through your set ripped off our shirts to reveal special t-shirts saying DiscusForums loves Sammi...

Mwhahaha

sammigold
Fri Mar 02, 2007, 06:15 AM
Ha ha ha!!!! You are very funny!!! I myself think that would be very very cool!!!

When I had my gig in Tassie, one of the guys who is on Ausfishforums and Addicted2fish came and introduced himself so I got to meet a fellow fish geek! He took some shots and posted them on A2F.

I will have to post some shots that I took of the crowd from the stage... It was pretty cool!

in fact....... here is one.....
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/sammigold/fleetwood%20to%20the%20Max/Lonniecrowd.jpg

cheers
sammi