PDA

View Full Version : death of fry...!

joee777
Fri Sep 22, 2006, 05:15 AM
hi this is joee frm mumbai.recently one of my discus pair spown.after 2 days i saw the tails of fry comes out from eggs..and suddenly after 3 hours all frys are dead n lying on bottom of tank.third times its happened...pls help me..nor even 1 fry alive...this pair spawn trice in 11 days...but same thing is happening....
this pair is 17 month old...this is the frist time they hatched eggs...i used aged water frm storage tank..which is connected to tap.pls help me....

DR.V
Fri Sep 22, 2006, 10:36 AM
what are your water parameter?

pH, ammonia, nitrate, temperature ?

Merrilyn
Fri Sep 22, 2006, 11:43 AM
It sounds like a problem with your water, if your fry are dying as soon as they hatch from the egg.

Can you post a picture of your breeding tank, as well as your water paramaters. Also how often do you do water changes.

joee777
Sat Sep 23, 2006, 06:00 AM
my tank size is 18*18*18....i do 30% water change daily....use tap water from storage tank...

the_oracle
Sat Sep 23, 2006, 08:11 PM
From my point of view, it might be your water parameter like what the others said. I have experienced something like this before. After discussing with Roy Khoo (Discus Connexion), he suggested I switch the pair. So I swich both of em with my other pair. It turned out that my female was not really working. The gene was not strong enough to make the fries survive. The male managed to fertilise and raise the eggs. Maybe you could try like what I did.............

Sanie.

joee777
Sun Sep 24, 2006, 01:28 PM
hi oracle..same i am thinking...cause this pair is from same lot which i got from my last pair.yes..i was in plan to switch this pair but in between they again spown today afternoon....lets see wat will happen this time.....hopeing for good :)
thanks for your advice

the_oracle
Sun Sep 24, 2006, 06:39 PM
Keep us posted................

Sanie.

the_oracle
Sun Sep 24, 2006, 06:40 PM
Keep us posted................

Sanie.