PDA

View Full Version : My new Geo Tank (56k warning)

Liverpool_pete
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 12:52 PM
I thought it was time to post some pics but as i am useless with a camera my brother in law gave me a hand so i must give a special thank to
Neil Cowling Photography for taking the photos neil can be contacted through his website. Neilcowlingphotography.com.au

The tank is 10 * 2 * 2. I have used a sand base and a fair amount of driftwood. The inhabitants are G.Altifrons , G.Brasiliensis , G.Pindare , Plecos , Gibicepts and a few clown loaches. These photos dont show the newest addition a Arowana so when i see neil next time i will see if i can get some updates.

Comments and feedback are more than welcome

Liverpool_pete
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 12:56 PM
Here are some more pics of the tankmates.

aquartos
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 03:28 PM
Cool tank mate! Great fish you have... Do your plans get up-rooted much?

Liverpool_pete
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 11:18 PM
They leave the plant be most of the time. I think there is so much space to dig that they are leaving them be.

Ben
Sun Sep 03, 2006, 12:16 AM
Excellent tank mate!

Love your work!

cheers
Ben

nicholas76
Sun Sep 03, 2006, 12:31 AM
awsum setup u have there

ill be the first to ask for pics of that aro then hehe :D

DR.V
Sun Sep 03, 2006, 08:05 AM
Very nice !!

What filtration do you use ? cannisters ?

Mulisha
Sun Sep 03, 2006, 08:13 AM
Nice tank mate :D

maybe pics of ur filtration set up etc... 8-)

Liverpool_pete
Sun Sep 03, 2006, 12:11 PM
The filter is a 4foot minireef fed from a double weir on the right. I will add pics of that in a day or so. As far as pics of the Aro i tried to take some pics today but my camera is to slow. By the time it has focused and taken the pic all you see is a blur but i suppose thats the problem wth spending all your money on yur fish and not on a decent camera.

Thanks for the comments guys and im glad you like.

zipztar
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 11:57 AM
that is one nice tank! my only question is, how do you do your waterchanges and how long does it take?!

Liverpool_pete
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 12:15 PM
I currently change 200 Litres at a time. I have a 19mm hose i use and a 6500l/h pump for refill. It takes about 40 to 60 min to change the water and do maintanance. Sorry about the slow sump pics i will try and get to it tomorrow night.

Peter

bun
Sat Sep 16, 2006, 12:54 AM
Woah :D What an awesome setup! Nicely done. Hopefully one day I can have all my geos in a setup like that :P