PDA

View Full Version : About to take the plunge

Taz Devil
Tue Jul 18, 2006, 02:02 PM
Hi all :D

I have been reading on this site most of today as I am about to take the plunge and get into Discus on a more permanent basis. I have found a White Diamond that should be in my tank on Thursday.

I must say that this forum is very informative and if I have any issues this is the first place I will come.

Not sure if anyone can help but being in Darwin and only four shops with Discus it seems that they are more expensive than other places. Just came from Townsville and it seems for a Discus that was $60 there is about $80 to $90 here.

Anyway I shall talk with you soon

Adam

Robdog
Tue Jul 18, 2006, 03:33 PM
Welcome aboard mate.
They are probably more expensive up your way to recover the losses of never selling any heaters for tanks :lol:

Taz Devil
Fri Jul 21, 2006, 04:10 AM
Thanks Robdog

Could be true what you say, but I am still running a heater as where the tank is, it is quite cool at the moment.

I have done a DIY CO2 kit and it seems to be working fine, I am going to leave it another couple of days just to ensure that none of the cardinals of rams decide to float to the top of the tank.

The plants seem to enjoy the CO2 as they have started growing like wild fire.

Cheers

Adam

Tasdiscus
Sat Jul 22, 2006, 12:36 PM
Hello Andrew
How is the white diamond going? Hope you enjoy keeping discus. Coming from so far south of Darwin I was amused to see a Tazzy devil so far north!!!
Good luck mate

cheers

Brian.

Tasdiscus
Sat Jul 22, 2006, 12:39 PM
I 'm sorry I meant Adam.

Taz Devil
Sun Jul 23, 2006, 08:34 AM
G'day Tasdiscus

What is the old saying...."you can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy"..........In my case change the country for the state.......hence my being Taz Devil.

The white discus is going fine and in the photo gallery there are some pics posted for people to see.

Thanks

Adam :D