PDA

View Full Version : Water testing in Sydney Where to go????

jim from sydney
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 01:12 AM
Hi guys

i have decided to get the water tested independently, for minerals etc.

the water board results are often out of date and i have doubts about their testing methods.

does any one know where to get water tested at a reasable price???

dont mean the LFS i need better testing then that.

prefer around epping areas if possible......thanks guys

marg
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 01:24 AM
What about one of the local Uni's Jim? just thought I'd throw that in.

How are you going?

Marg.

jim from sydney
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 02:02 AM
What about one of the local Uni's Jim? just thought I'd throw that in.

How are you going?

Marg.

Hi Marg

yes i thought about that one but its a bit far away....thanks may have to do that

am fine and you????

marg
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 02:43 AM
Can't complain Jim.

Still trying for babies.

Getting closer - had wrigglers last week - got to free swimming for 1 1/12 days but then they ate them - but it was only a small spawn and I understand that that is normal - takes them a while to learn that they are their children and allow them to attach apparently!!!

Marg.

jim from sydney
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 05:39 AM
Can't complain Jim.

Still trying for babies.

Getting closer - had wrigglers last week - got to free swimming for 1 1/12 days but then they ate them - but it was only a small spawn and I understand that that is normal - takes them a while to learn that they are their children and allow them to attach apparently!!!

Marg.

Hi Marg
next time take halve of them out and raise them yourself just for fun.....i am doing that at the moment......lot of work but heh they are worth it...Jim

Robdog
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 03:40 PM
I'm sure there is a nerd from MacQ Uni that'll test it for you Jim. You can't tell me that Club MacQ is too far away!

marg
Thu Jun 29, 2006, 12:54 AM
Jim,

I might just try that - next time they spawn I will contact you and have a talk to you.

Marg.

jim from sydney
Thu Jun 29, 2006, 02:34 AM
Jim,

I might just try that - next time they spawn I will contact you and have a talk to you.

Marg.

its great to play "mum and dad"

marg
Thu Jun 29, 2006, 03:05 AM
Jim,

From what I understand there is a lot involved in raising them, but well worth it.

i just wish my Fish would get it right- I know they say practice makes perfect, but how many times must they practice darn them!!

The whole world will hear about it when they do - I'll have a brag photo album and will bore everyone silly (non Discus people anyway).,

Marg.

jim from sydney
Thu Jun 29, 2006, 10:35 AM
Hi Marg. :wave

can you tell me in some detail as to what stage you are getting with them....that way i might be able to give you my " 5 bob's worth' of help

i certainly have tried a variety of ways......not always successful mind you.

bye heh....any help is better than none.......

we can always go to Merrilyn and ask her.

c u .

zipztar
Thu Jun 29, 2006, 10:56 AM
hey Jim, you should try macquarie university (the best uni in sydney) or the CSIRO which is next to mac uni :P

its down the road from us!

jim from sydney
Thu Jun 29, 2006, 11:00 AM
hey Jim, you should try macquarie university (the best uni in sydney) or the CSIRO which is next to mac uni :P

its down the road from us!

Thanks buddy i will give them a try........

Robdog
Wed Jul 05, 2006, 01:59 AM
I guess this is an extension of the other thread but what were the results and where did you get them done Jim?