Fri Jun 23, 2006, 08:44 AM
REFLECTION D

G-1000
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 08:45 AM
GROUP

DR.V
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 10:41 AM
Nice Nice !!!

But your tank look so plain ... why dont you put some driftwood in ? or some plants ?

RichVic
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 01:49 PM
Very nice fish and nice variety
what does rgd stand for?

aquaholic
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 10:30 PM
great looking fish g :)

mcloughlin2
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 11:01 PM
Very nice fish and nice variety
what does rgd stand for?

RGD stands for red golden diamond...Its probably one of the most sought after discus strains in australia as it has the colours of a pigeon blood while it doesnt have any peppering..... :wink:

marg
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 11:51 PM
Lovely Fish. I could take any of them home with me!!

Marg.

Liverpool_pete
Sat Jun 24, 2006, 12:01 AM
Great fish,

Can i ask where you brought them from. They look great quality to me.

discusjim
Sat Jun 24, 2006, 12:01 AM
Nice fish!!!
What happend with the RGD it changed color, was i heavy colorfed when you bought it??
Good work, Jim

shayesmommy
Sat Jun 24, 2006, 03:22 AM
i think your showing off :P
that orange fish makes me really want an orange slushie tho

mcloughlin2
Sat Jun 24, 2006, 07:47 AM
Nice fish!!!
What happend with the RGD it changed color, was i heavy colorfed when you bought it??
Good work, Jim

i think these fish have been fed tetra bits as the albino and snow white have a orange tinge to them....

Anywas stunning fish G...your doing something right!

Cant wait to see how your plans on a albino pigeon go!!! :P

Cheers!

G-1000
Sat Jun 24, 2006, 11:21 AM
Thanks All,

I do mislead a little here:

DR V - This tank was going to be a show tank (but I also used it for quarantine see - http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6694). Thats why it is very bare, but the growth rates I am getting on the fish make it worthwhile. When they are full size, I will be turning the tank planted with driftwood.

Discus Jim - The RGD is actually darker than it previously was (I swear!), it was hampered by a slight worm infection, but I have sinced got it beefed up. It has turned orange (particularly on face) because it is very found of tetra bits. It will turn a redder shade of orange when full size (ala Ladyred's fish). It is not yet mature because the eye isnt fully coloured and it is only about 4.5 inches - I will update when hes full size).

Liverpool Pete - These fish are all from SLS - I highly recommend SLS all the time and by looking at the quality of the fish - can you blame me?

Rich Vic - The RGD is Red Golden Diamond. It comes about by pure goldens being crossed with rose reds/san merahs. Essentially the crossing removes the stress bars of the rose red and takes away the colouration from the face. So it looks exactly like a red melon/white faced marlboro (i.e a pigeon blood), but will never pepper at all because it has no PB genes in it. This is why it is so popular.

I am in the process of crossing the albino to the spotted snake and then about a year later - looking to inbreed them to recover the albino gene. Should be a good mix of albino snakes, turks and some various throwbacks.

G