PDA

View Full Version : question on spraypaint in aquarium

rytis
Thu Jun 08, 2006, 12:54 PM
my bottom edges of breeding tank are dark, so im thinking about spraypainting them, how long should i wait before putting water/fish back in?

goldenpigeon
Thu Jun 08, 2006, 01:13 PM
dont paint INSIDE the tank. only every outside. is it dark because of corner covers on the tank?

samir
Thu Jun 08, 2006, 01:28 PM
:roll: rytis your fry will start attaching when your pair starts figuring out what to do. dont overdo stuff. next you'll be painting the pair black.wow here i'm paranoid about paint getting inside when i'm painting the sides, and there you are spraypainting right in it.

rytis
Thu Jun 08, 2006, 01:47 PM
lol, that's a good idea! i should have bought BLACK paint instead...

ok i wont spraypaint... it's dark and ive seen babies hanging in these dark corners thats what sux. the pair definetelty have things right, i know that, and im running out of excuse why it won't work....

goldenpigeon
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 05:54 AM
how do you know your pair have it spot on?

how many batches have they raised? as i understand it you dont have any experienced pairs soooo........ mate i think u need to take a step back and before you say they have it covered let them raise a few batches. whether or not they have had one batch of babies they are going to need a lot more practice before they get it perfect.

rytis
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 04:55 PM
because i dont see them eating the eggs nor the babies, and they really seem to care about picking them up, trying to get babies to attach ive even seen female spit babies on males back. this is a serious pair

mcloughlin2
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 11:58 PM
David is right rytis...

You need to take a step back to be successful...
Your pair have not got the hang of it yet otherwise the babies would have lasted longer then they did...

IMO you need to move the pair into your 125G with only the 2 other discus in it, then empty the breeding tank and paint all the sides white (except for the front viewing panel :lol: ) as you have a yellow female.

So by doing this your getting 2 things over and done with,

1) The tank will be nuked
2) You will be able to paint the OUTSIDE of the tank so there are no dark corners.

Sam

goldenpigeon
Sat Jun 10, 2006, 12:00 AM
a good pair will keep the babies on themselves even if there is a dark spot in the tank.

rytis
Sat Jun 10, 2006, 12:54 AM
2) You will be able to paint the OUTSIDE of the tank so there are no dark corners.
the dark corners are INSIDE thats the problem.... ah, maybe i should just be happy with the fish i have

goldenpigeon
Sat Jun 10, 2006, 01:11 AM
rytis dont worry about the black corners. everyone starts out smaller than what they want at some stage. once your pair breed a bit more then htink about getting them a more ideal tank...