PDA

View Full Version : The NEW Eheim Pro 3 Electronic Range coming !

taksan
Tue May 23, 2006, 12:24 PM
Eheim have released 2 new Cannister filters in their Professional 3 series. These filters are the sames sizes respectively as the Professional 2 2026 and 2028 filters so I hazard a guess they are replacing those filters as Eheims top of the range for smaller tanks then the current massive 2080 Pro 3 is for.
Interestingly they have new electronicaly controlled pumps with a "turbo" boost feature that provides short term flowrates much highers then standard for fast cleaning of dirty tanks along with a number of other "electronic" features. The 2076 and 2078 filters will be available in October.
For info see :
http://www.eheim.de/eheim/inhalte/index.jsp?key=liniendetail_28383_ehen

Also new from Eheim is a version of the big Professional 3 with a inbuilt heater the 2180, a new Auto feeder with dual compartments, a new line of high capacity compact pumps and especialy for discus breeders a Eheim air driven filter that accepts all Eheim accessories !
More information about the new products in Eheims range can be found at the follwing link
http://www.eheim.de/eheim/inhalte/index.jsp?key=neuigkeiten_28385_ehen

fw05racer
Tue May 23, 2006, 12:53 PM
They seem to have gone back to a smaller capacity on the two new models but with greater pump output compared with the current Pro 2 or 2080 series.

Look interesting though, speed control on the pumps.

Looks like Eheim have finally decided to release the new batch of products!

taksan
Tue May 23, 2006, 01:09 PM
They seem to have gone back to a smaller capacity on the two new models but with greater pump output compared with the current Pro 2 or 2080 series.

Look interesting though, speed control on the pumps.

Looks like Eheim have finally decided to release the new batch of products!

No the pump output in normal mode is the same the quoted high outputs are for "turbo" mode only

wild_amazon
Wed May 24, 2006, 02:04 AM
I like the look of it but I am not sure I am going to buy one soon.
I prefer the current 2228 or 2028, it has no electronic part. The more parts it has the more it can go wrong. I quess it depends on the design, if it is designed in such a way that if the electronic part break the pump still work than it's okay. Otherwise I'll stick with the old fashion filter with pump only.
I have 2213, 2217, 2028, 2228, 1250 pumps and happy with them. I bought 2213 15 years ago and still running like new. They are very reliable, I have the new ones have the same reliability.