PDA

View Full Version : Spawning cones

merjo
Sat May 13, 2006, 09:54 AM
Hi guys,
I am new to this forum and have been looking through all your lovely pics :) Having never spawned discus personally, I thought I'd ask the experts exactly what is required in the way of a spawning cone...shape, dimensions etc. I am thinking of making some if possible and offering them here for sale (if it's not treading on toes of course). What is the price range of them? Thanks in advance guys.

Andrea :)

mcloughlin2
Sat May 13, 2006, 11:16 AM
Here are two pics of IMO the best designs for breeding cones...

One is Kalebjarrod's ( Hope you dont mind me using the pic ), and the others is tank's ( Ditto )

HTH

RichVic
Sat May 13, 2006, 11:42 PM
Hi there,
I've been having a look for these recently, They're generally $10- to $15-
Either ceramic or plastic, found few on ebay and also our Sponsor APW sells them also.
HTH
Vicki

Inspiringfish
Sun May 14, 2006, 01:28 AM
Mcloughlin2,, (great pictures) What is the second, smaller tank for? If it's any significance, what is the larger bottom tank for??

mcloughlin2
Sun May 14, 2006, 02:49 AM
I believe the two smaller tanks are used for breeding and the bottom larger tank is used as a grow out tank for the babies...

Perhaps tank ( The owner ) will be able to provide you with more detail... :P

merjo
Sun May 14, 2006, 03:31 AM
Thanks for your help. I guess if I could match the price the postage would blow me out of the water so you guys ar best off utilising your sponser. Might just look to the local market.

wild_amazon
Sun May 14, 2006, 06:48 AM
Hi Andrea,

Are you cutting down on the number of tanks so you can get into discus?

merjo
Sun May 14, 2006, 07:25 AM
Gidday wild...not 'tis not a plan. Discus are too demanding for my lifestyle I'm afraid. I wouldn't be able to give them the attention they require atm. Beautiful fish though...one to be admired.