PDA

View Full Version : Some pictures from Guangzhou markets ..... fish hunting.

kevkoi
Wed May 10, 2006, 03:16 AM
Fish markets..

kevkoi
Wed May 10, 2006, 03:18 AM
more exotics.

kevkoi
Wed May 10, 2006, 03:23 AM
more exotics

kevkoi
Wed May 10, 2006, 03:26 AM
more exotics

kevkoi
Wed May 10, 2006, 03:29 AM
few more exotics.. Tanganyikans and Malawi

kevkoi
Wed May 10, 2006, 03:31 AM
ADA in China..

stonedavid
Wed May 10, 2006, 03:44 AM
Great photos, amazing what you can find in the pet or aquarium markets when travelling overseas, whether its China, HK, SNG, or Japan. Pity we cant get some of the rays and exotics here in Oz but i suppose quarantine regulations are there for a purpose. Hopefully one day. Will scratch around and see if i can find some of my photos of fish in the various markets.
Pete

wickedglass
Wed May 10, 2006, 11:57 AM
sorry, but some of those photos make me sick to my stomach! :(

Merrilyn
Thu May 11, 2006, 03:21 AM
Hehehe I know exactly what you mean Chris, but I just keep looking :shock:

kevkoi
Thu May 11, 2006, 04:38 AM
Just had to start with the first pic of controversial fish.... I don't like them, but everywhere I go, I know it's a sad fact that, dyed fish, GM fish, deformed balloon fish are big business. They're everywhere, in every corner of the world..... :cry:

Simone
Fri May 12, 2006, 05:24 AM
KevKoi...this might be a real silly question but, i get the painted fish bit (self explanitry) but what are GM fish & deformed balloon fish? It sounds horrible.

Mulisha
Fri May 12, 2006, 06:23 AM
Those fish at the top of the page shouldn't have been posted becuase fish shouldn't look like that just plain cruel IMO

dreamer
Fri May 12, 2006, 06:29 AM
gm = genetic mutant?

many (most) shops are there for business not for pleasure. they will stock anything they can sell for $$

Proteus
Fri May 12, 2006, 06:36 AM
It is better that people are informed and know what is going on rather than try to ignore things or cover them up.

At least this way you know what to avoid.

And remember, everyone has different tastes, and opinions on things, what we may consider cruel, others dont and vice versa. That is part of the reason why GM modified fish and Dyed fish arent popular here at all, we consider the practice as cruel.

Mulisha
Fri May 12, 2006, 06:59 AM
Yeah true how do they diw them exactly? Do they stick a needle down there throat and inject die or do they diw the water there in the colour they want the fish :(

And ur right like the jappense (spelling) with killing the whales that's cruel to most of us but they find it fun and TASTY LMAO!!! or good to experment with what ever you want to belive...

Rick..

mcloughlin2
Fri May 12, 2006, 08:23 AM
Yeah true how do they diw them exactly? Do they stick a needle down there throat and inject die or do they diw the water there in the colour they want the fish :(

And ur right like the jappense (spelling) with killing the whales that's cruel to most of us but they find it fun and TASTY LMAO!!! or good to experment with what ever you want to belive...

Rick..

I believe its done by injecting the fish with a dye, that is not even permanent...

Ill be honest when i was still a beginner i bought some glass fish that had been dyed fluro yellow, green, blue, pink etc only to have them show dramatic colour loss within weeks...

I had believed the colour was natural when i purchased the fish, ( Yes i know im an idiot ) LOL..

But apart from loss of fish when the dye is first injected, it will often shorten the life of the fish and cause it to be more prone to diseases...

Its a terrible act and i would never buy another dyed/painted fish again...
KevKoi...this might be a real silly question but, i get the painted fish bit (self explanitry) but what are GM fish & deformed balloon fish? It sounds horrible.

A deformed balloon fish is simply a fish that has been injected with hormones and selective breed for a more rounded shape ( You breed the fish with deformities ) such as a balloon ram..

Not to point the finger, but one member on this site actually has a picture of one as his/her avater...

But hey, everyone has a different view on right and wrong..

HTH :D