PDA

View Full Version : My old house ** updated photos added 8-Oct-06 **

chrissyoscar
Sat Apr 29, 2006, 12:46 AM
Thought I'ld share pics of my old house.
Some before and after shots.
It was unbelievable watching these guys at work.
House was knocked down, 3 large trees removed and site cleared all in 2 days, amazing.

Ben
Sat Apr 29, 2006, 02:21 AM
Thats bloody awesum Ossie!

Bad luck i had to work, would have been great sinking a few beers as the house came down.

catch up with you soon.
Ben

chrissyoscar
Sat Apr 29, 2006, 03:11 AM
I missed the house coming down as well.
They said it'll come down on Wednesday so I rocked up at 10.30am and the house was already down.
These guys don't muck around, they turned up at 7am and the house was down almost straight away.
they just knocked it over with the machine. In a way I'm glad i didn't see it as it's a little upsetting seeing our house go. :(

nicholas76
Sat Apr 29, 2006, 11:48 PM
ozzie!

now your totally justified in building a new tank around your new house!

wall tank wall tank wall tank wall tank wall tank wall tank wall tank wall tank wall tank wall tank ...............lol

chrissyoscar
Sun Apr 30, 2006, 05:31 AM
wall tank wall tank wall tank wall tank wall tank wall tank wall tank wall tank wall tank wall tank ...............lol

I like the way you think Nick unfortunately my wife doesn't.

Ben
Sun Apr 30, 2006, 12:27 PM
I think its a bit excessive too Ossie.

Just stick with the 20 odd breeding tanks.

goldenpigeon
Thu May 04, 2006, 10:13 AM
lol no i was thinking it is the perfect excuse to make yourself a real deal fish room with excellent insulation and plenty of power hehehehe make it spacious too

chrissyoscar
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 12:11 AM
Pics of my new house going up.
I'm amazed at the speed it's all happening.
Looks like we'll be in before Christmas so it's going to be Christmas lunch at my place this year.
Our previous house was to small to host it so now we have no excuse, lol.

nicholas76
Tue Jul 18, 2006, 07:07 AM
nice aquariam you got there!

when does it open?

chrissyoscar
Tue Jul 18, 2006, 07:59 AM
Hi Nick

It'll be open in about 3-4mths. Not sure how much to charge for entry yet.

Ben
Tue Jul 18, 2006, 08:28 AM
Wowser Ossie!!

The house is really getting built fast!!

Keep us posted with pics mate!

And let us all know when the house warming party is!

Cheers
Ben

sammigold
Sat Jul 22, 2006, 10:46 AM
things look like they are going really well.... fantastic!!

chrissyoscar
Sun Oct 08, 2006, 09:03 PM
Here are a couple of updated shots.
The house is only 2 weeks away from being ready.
These guys are quick it's only taken 4-5mths to build.

Since these photo's were taken the driveway has gone in and all that's left is carpet, heating, cooling and appliances to go in.

The first pic is the back of the house (i'll need to take a better shot). Under the decking was going to be my fish - storage room but as you can see it's not as deep as i was expecting so it's just going to be storage.:cry:
As you can see there is no garden at the front or back so that's going to be fun.
Maybe we can start a garden thread as i'm going to need help :lol:

marg
Sun Oct 08, 2006, 10:09 PM
Lookin' good Oscar.

A word of warning - don't carpet your Fishroom - I found out the hard way last week - pump malfunctioned and 250 litres went on the Floor Grrrrr :evil: .

You are getting ready to do the garden just at the right time - now that it is starting to warm up everything will grow quickly.

My daughter finished renovating her house about this time last year - they put a watering system in and then laid ready rolled Buffalo grass and kept the garden itself pretty simple with Camelia's, Azaelia's and some Hedging - The Hedge has just been given its first trim and is beginning to spread and after 12 months the Lawn looks as if it has been established for years and is like a thick Carpet to walk on. Don't know how Buffalo grows down Melbourne way though.

marg.

chrissyoscar
Mon Oct 09, 2006, 02:05 AM
Thanks Marg

My main fishtank is going in the family room which is tiled and the others are going in the garage.
I wont start doing the garden straight away as I have a lot of work to do before I'm able to start on the garden.
There's a retaining wall that has to go up at the front and also a lot of dirt and clay:evil: from the back and side of the house has to be removed. I'm not looking forward to it but it has to be done. :x

nicholas76
Mon Oct 09, 2006, 09:01 AM
garden help ozzz

i have two words

koi / ponds

Mulisha
Mon Oct 09, 2006, 09:17 AM
I reakon you should have a pond type thing but no just a normal round one make one out stone so it looks natural and make sort around your garden then have some grass i forgot it's name but you don't want really think grass you want short grass that it rolled heaps so it's very compact and then pay someone to come moe your lawn with a Cylinder Roller becuase they cut your lawn like a showroom finish and leave lines in your grass and it will feel like a Lawn Bowls grass..

Good luck mate

Rick. 8-)

Ben
Mon Oct 09, 2006, 12:01 PM
Will catch up for a beer Ossie!

chrissyoscar
Mon Oct 09, 2006, 09:43 PM
Thanks guys

A pond will look great especially if it's done right but i don't have a big back yard anymore (only 8mx15m) and there's a large cubby house in there so it's not an option.

Mulisha wrote - have some grass i forgot it's name but you don't want really think grass you want short grass that it rolled heaps so it's very compact and then pay someone to come moe your lawn with a Cylinder Roller becuase they cut your lawn like a showroom finish and leave lines in your grass and it will feel like a Lawn Bowls grass..

Sounds great, I'll have a look and see if it's available and how much $$$.

Ben look forward to that beer - beers, I tasted this great German beer at the liquor shop the other day so I'll get a few of those. :lol:

Robdog
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 01:35 AM
I love the double opening front doors. Great for getting those 10ftx3ft tanks through