PDA

View Full Version : use of rain water

Discus 41
Thu Apr 27, 2006, 06:19 AM
Hi all,

I wanted to know if anyone uses rain water for thier water changes,as i have'nt seen any press on it.

Is there a danger to the Kings of the aquarium or this is just to hard to do and the general water supply from our towns is close enough.

P.S. I work in the transport industry so i'm going to send a tanker to Wang as there must be something specail in the water out there,Brad your the Man

Merrilyn
Thu Apr 27, 2006, 05:31 PM
I think part of the secret of the Wangaratta water, is that it has no fluoride. That, along with Ben's very good fish keeping practices, have contributed to his success.

Raising discus fry isn't an easy task, and Brad's doing a wonderful job.

Simone
Thu Apr 27, 2006, 10:55 PM
Hi Discus 41, im from Sydney and i have always used rain water on my discus and never had any problem at all! But i guess like most things with these guys whatever works for you, just test the water and see how ya go! :)

Discus 41
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 06:08 AM
thanks folks for the feed back as I also use rain water for part of my water changes and just hadn't reed any good or bad press about it

Discus 41
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 06:08 AM
thanks folks for the feed back as I also use rain water for part of my water changes and just hadn't reed any good or bad press about it

Crocky
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 09:07 AM
I do 2 thing that no one else does and I have told every one what it is but nobody has try it.

Brad

Discus 41
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 09:29 AM
sorry dude I'll get it right now