PDA

View Full Version : rgd with second lot of wrigglers(pic update 24th april)

Crocky
Sat Apr 15, 2006, 08:13 AM
Hi all

I know what your thinking more photo's of the same fish but here they are any how,red golden diamond with more wrigglers.This is the third time there spawned for me and I got fry the first lot, the second lot where eaten and I think this happen as the hatched.Now a week later they have 100 odd wrigglers which they have move from the filter pipe to the spounge.

Brad.c

Merrilyn
Sat Apr 15, 2006, 01:03 PM
Have they moved their wrigglers to the sponge........................ohhhh how cute.

I never get tired of seeing the look on the faces of the parents when they have fry.

Brad, you are the guru.

Ben
Sat Apr 15, 2006, 02:21 PM
Hi all

I know what your thinking more photo's of the same fish but here they are any how,red golden diamond with more wrigglers.This is the third time there spawned for me,second lot of wriggler as the second spawn got eaten just before,if not when the eggs hatched.

Brad.c

Brad we love photo's mate! so keep them comming! :D
You are doing an amazing job! A big thumbs up! :thumb

Is this their 2nd or 3rd lot of wrigglers? :wink:

Cheers
Ben

ps, 3 hours on the phone! thats my personal best! :P :wink:

Crocky
Sat Apr 15, 2006, 09:56 PM
161 minutes and 37 second mate,we should put up a post some where to find out the longest phone call about fish is,I think that might be up there with the best.

Brad

marg
Sun Apr 16, 2006, 02:45 AM
Ben and Crocky:

And I thought I could talk!!!

You Guys better not rubbish us ladies after reading that :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Seriously though, congratulation Crocky - I wish I could have just 1% of the luck you have with your breeding Program- I'm not going to let it beat me though - I WILL eventually get one of my Pairs to successfully raise a Family.,

Regards,

Marg.

nicholas76
Sun Apr 16, 2006, 09:07 AM
sweeeeeet

cha CHINg! $$$$$$ love these reds crocky

your printing money with these babies. I hope the Australian Reserve (lady Red ) lets you keep breeding those fantastic fish , everyone should have some :D :D :D :D :D

Crocky
Sun Apr 16, 2006, 11:41 PM
The Reserve will let the printer,print (try) money as long as the printer want to do it,but there only so much money (RGD) one country need I surpose.
We don't want the interest rates to go up and the economy to go bust, and supply would out way demand,if you know what i mean.LOL.

Brad

Crocky
Sat Apr 22, 2006, 02:29 PM
A few more pics
Rgd with more wrigglers.
Some of the rgd fry which are 1 inch + tail.
Tanks full with fry and wrigglers apart from the Albino's,but I think it won't long before I see some wrigglers(i hope) as I found what looked like egg covered in fungus a few days ago.

Brad

nicholas76
Sat Apr 22, 2006, 02:42 PM
Brad,

u da man!

Discus 41
Sun Apr 23, 2006, 12:52 AM
Brad

Can you tell me why the perents are seperated

nicholas76
Sun Apr 23, 2006, 12:56 AM
Discus 41

common problem, parents become jealous, one wants to parent the fry more than the other, they get snippy and fight.

mcloughlin2
Sun Apr 23, 2006, 01:39 AM
If you look closely Discus 41, you can see how the fins are torn and ripped on the pair.. :D

Nic, spot on there mate...Im pretty sure thats the exact reason crocky seperated them.... :P

sammigold
Sun Apr 23, 2006, 04:59 AM
Looking great Brad....

Ben
Sun Apr 23, 2006, 05:28 AM
One word Brad.

SENSATIONAL!!!

Get the albino's going and you will be able to give up your day job!

Cheers
Ben

Crocky
Sun Apr 23, 2006, 06:21 AM
Spot on boys.

These 2 started ripping into each within hours of the wrigglers freeswimming.They did it the first and I thought i would be ready for them this time as they didn't start nipping each others tails till third day of the wrigglers being attached.I had to devide them before the fry had attached this time but they still did some damage to each others tails.

Brad

Discus 41
Sun Apr 23, 2006, 10:03 AM
thanks Brad and others I can now see why you have to seperate them do the young swim thru the divider and feed from both discus,if so do you lose many.

P.S. the intense colour on these fish are sensational

Regards
Ian

Crocky
Mon Apr 24, 2006, 06:48 AM
Hi Ian
Yes,they can swim between the devider and I don't think there many losses.

Brad

Discus 41
Mon Apr 24, 2006, 08:35 AM
Hey Brad keep us posted on their progress as when they are of saleable size I'll be coming to see you. they are the second best parents I'll seen.
(haven't seen any better yet

Cheers Ian

nicholas76
Mon Apr 24, 2006, 09:10 AM
hehehe Ian check some of the old posts mate !

this is batcher number 2!

Lady Red has the first batch growing strong

say Red update pics are way overdue!!!!!!

Vip
Mon Apr 24, 2006, 12:23 PM
that 3rd shit is cool, says a 1000 words seeing an animal with its young