PDA

View Full Version : Wild stuff

Squid
Sat Mar 25, 2006, 10:48 PM
Junior asked to have some wild fish put in a separate thread. Here's some of what I have. Got some Royal Blues inbound soon (from Manacaparu) Have heaps of photos, so I just put a few in

Hope you like them

Squid

Squid
Sat Mar 25, 2006, 10:54 PM
Here's a couple more. I must take some more pictures. And for Ben - I put in a shot of the Tefe female F1 I got from you. She has a Asian RSG (Leopard) boyfriend and she's an egg eater!!

Squid

goldenpigeon
Sat Mar 25, 2006, 11:09 PM
OMG!!! i love em!!! let me know when u get fry from ur wilds!!! great work mate!!! *books a trip to squids place*

ozarowana
Sun Mar 26, 2006, 12:54 AM
Those Japura river greens look really nice.

Now I want wilds :cry:

goldenpigeon
Sun Mar 26, 2006, 01:35 AM
i like the juvi alenquers and the Japura greens too.

Squid
Sun Mar 26, 2006, 09:37 AM
Heres some more of my greens and stuff. GP - I posted a reply to you on the Alenquer thread re my home in Toowoomba. You'll have to come up and visit one day.

discus000
Sun Mar 26, 2006, 09:42 AM
You have beautiful fishes squid.

goldenpigeon
Sun Mar 26, 2006, 10:37 AM
^ he has more than beutiful fish!!! i am now officially one who is very into wild fish! not that i wasnt always but now i am inspired to get something wild and spend some time with it!!!

love the first and third fish in particular.

i have riplied on the other thread squid :D

Davo

barramundi
Wed Mar 29, 2006, 11:09 AM
Hi Squid,

Got to agree very nice discus mate,that f1 tefe how nice is that- pity the ross don't have any i would be there with a big net!!!

john

sammigold
Wed Mar 29, 2006, 11:40 AM
OMG!!! I Loooooove the Japuras!!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! Dying of jealousy down here, "Green" with envy... Bigtime Envy!

Squid
Thu Mar 30, 2006, 01:19 AM
Wish I could find some more Japuras. Cant seem to find them at the moment - Oh well, maybe early next year. My Greens are all in display tanks just to look at - not to breed. If they do breed then thats great. When I get them down to Toowoomba next year, they'll all be around 2.5 years old, so I may try then for some bubs. Sammi - I'll give you some fry when I get them for always answering my emails and sending me stuff when I was over in Pakistan.

Squid

sammigold
Thu Mar 30, 2006, 01:26 AM
Aren't you a big sweetheart!!!!! :D :angel :mrgreen:

(Sitting here willing them to breed! :wink: )

Ps. I am glad you got back safely from that freezing mountainous terrain.

goldenpigeon
Thu Mar 30, 2006, 07:17 AM
my internet has been down for a while and i just had another look at the photo's squid. they are just awesome!!!! love the colours of all the fish and the shape!!!!

great job mate!

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 30, 2006, 08:15 AM
Love them squid. Thankyou so much for posting the pics.

Tryhard
Sun Apr 02, 2006, 10:43 AM
Absolutly beutiful

nicholas76
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 06:09 AM
Nice fish

havent seen those around!

Nathan
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 06:22 AM
they are just unique ivenever seen any discus like them, congrats mate your a lucky boy

G-1000
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 07:30 AM
Hey Squid,

Let me know if you ever want to sell the tefe female you got from Ben - easily the best I have seen mate

G

nicholas76
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 07:46 AM
aaaaaaaaah the rush back to the wild strain begins

its been about 4 years since ive seen RSG's !

Squid
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 07:58 AM
Hey guys - the Royal Blues from Bayfish are superb. Just lettin mine settle in in their soup of worming solution and metro. Most wildies have roundworms and gill flukes. They dont really like it but tough. Also got some Red Alencers from Bayfish. Now just exactly what is an Alencer. Got shown some by a mate down in Tassie back in 92. Looked just like a red/brown from the Alenquer region. Is it an indusrty typo thats just stuck in the hobby? Either way - photos to come. The wild bug have got me good again.

Squid

barramundi
Tue Apr 04, 2006, 10:52 PM
Hi all,

I must say i have seen these discus when at Squids house and the photo's don't do them justice.He has some of the best wild discus i've seen,Squid how the babies going and did them nice blue dimonds have eggs-seen some at Pattys not in the same class as yours might have to see Don.

john

Squid
Thu Apr 06, 2006, 01:59 AM
Hey John - thanks for the rap! Our new Alenquer reds are in. Got mine at home already and your baby is at Dons. Also getting rid of that Red Marlborough that Ursula bought me - it layed eggs, so he is a she! I'll put you first on my list if you want her - going cheap (not what Urs payed for her!). Going down to Rockhampton this wekend to buy some more broodstock discus from some of the pro breeders down there. Talk to you soon. The blue diamonds haven't spawned yet either but all the Cardinal tetras have!

Squid

nicholas76
Thu Apr 06, 2006, 06:01 AM
Cardinal tetras have spawned??????

i thought this was near impossible to do !!

any chance of some pics?

Squid
Thu Apr 06, 2006, 03:40 PM
There's nothing that cant be spawned - just sucessfully raising the fry is the problem. I usually spawn them by waiting until the wet season and keeping them in basic water. When a storm trough comes along, I pH shock them into a group orgy (4 males - 2 females). I'll send some photos when they spawn next.

Squid

OscarManAlpha
Sun Apr 30, 2006, 03:19 PM
Any chance of some updated pics Squid....I enjoyed those so much...

Cheers,

Mark

Squid
Sun Apr 30, 2006, 10:32 PM
Hey Oscar - I haven't taken many photos lately. I'll grab the old girls SLR and go down to the fish room for some snaps! Nothing interesting lately - only a few wild Blue F1 fry. Had a few dramas keeping the little buggers alive, and lost most of them. The adults are looking to spawn again, so I'll have another try. Standby for a new post in the photo album forum

Squid