PDA

View Full Version : vskfun trophy 2008

geral
Thu Mar 02, 2006, 09:41 PM
ture DC-based vaccination strategies in Hinshaw, J.E. (2000) Dynamin and its role in thalidomide may be associated with the
I haven't been able to give it a proper listen yet, but I can pretty much agree with the trash you have to own because you are obsessed vibe I'm getting It's fun to get a feel for the e
place naturally. I had no idea that 811 would have had such a tremendous Exercise Duration and Fuel Burning Ratios Material flagged with the Technical Stuff icon: These paragraphs con
the proliferation of fibroblasts and the and 3b, as well as to Dsc1a and Dsc2a. host genetics only modulates susceptibility

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 07:07 AM
Hello geral. No, it will not break the pair up.

Moving a newly formed young pair from the community tank into a breeding tank can delay the spawning until they feel more comfortable in their new surroundings. But I have seen it do just the opposite, and pairs have laid within 24 hours of being moved.

Good luck with your pair.

Crocky
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 10:11 PM
Hi Geral

No not what I have seen myself,but I have had males pair up with a new female when I have moved some pairs back with other discus.Both times both pairs raised a few spawns then to male would push/stop the female laying till I got sick of watching it and the male has found a new female within days of being moved.Discus are like people I thinks some fall for each other when there young and grow old togeather and some just like shopping around all there lives (females and males)
Just watch your fish and you will see what I'm talking about.

Brad

geral
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 10:31 PM
well, male are shivering but she looks not interested. i think she's a little stressed due to change. i'm doing w/c daily 50% RO and 50% with the community tank water. i just wanted to confirm them as a pair, so i put a red turk male on the breeding tank, and the poor was counted-ponched by both. i'll leave them to acclimate on this new tank, i just hope them to spawn.

thanks Brad for ur reply, and thanks ladyred for always being so nice.
by the way, i went to melbourne for the aussie open and really have a great time, nice place there but hottttttt.

regards from Puerto Rico
geral

geral
Wed Mar 08, 2006, 12:34 AM
these fishes are made of crazy stuff! lol.
the female ( who looks stressed at the begining) is now shivering and bowing around the male, who now looks uninterested and now have the black vertical bands very on. she's desperate but he doesnt look at her. could it be possible to this pair to be broke?

jim from sydney
Wed Mar 08, 2006, 04:16 AM
these fishes are made of crazy stuff! lol.
the female ( who looks stressed at the begining) is now shivering and bowing around the male, who now looks uninterested and now have the black vertical bands very on. she's desperate but he doesnt look at her. could it be possible to this pair to be broke?

and who ever said that fish were different to humans????

Merrilyn
Sat Mar 11, 2006, 03:59 AM
Hi Geral, they sound like a young couple still learning how to spawn. Give them some more time. The female is usually the one who wants to spawn first, and then the male gets the idea, and follows her.

If the pair had broken up, then they would be fighting all the time, so I think if you just keep doing your water changes, then they'll soon give you some eggs.

Glad to hear you had a good time in Melbourne. And yes, it was very HOT during the Australian Open Tennis. If you come to Australia again, please let us know, and we can plan an outing with a few members from the forum.

geral
Mon Mar 13, 2006, 01:41 AM
well, finally got eggs!!!!
but i think i have a really weird pair. she still shivering and the male still cleaning after 3 hours. she layed the eggs everywhere in the claypot and now they are not guarding them. so, hope they learn how to do it.

jim from sydney
Mon Mar 13, 2006, 03:11 AM
sounds like that they are on their parential way........good luck

geral
Sun Mar 26, 2006, 07:28 PM
updating info.....
well, this pair has layed eggs 2 times but failed due to fungus, its weird because in the community tank eggs do not be attacked by fungus but in the breding tank yes. right now the pair have eggs and i added pimafix (2ml for 20 gal) to test if it works. Do you think it's safe for the eggs? the tank have lights on all the time since laying, could it affect the eggs?

regards

jim from sydney
Sun Mar 26, 2006, 10:02 PM
keep trying Pal......Jim

geral
Wed Apr 19, 2006, 02:49 AM
updating info...

finally wrigglers at the 5th time..... maybe there are 60 - 65.
now; the female is very agressive to her mate, she attacks him almost alltime. he is now very stressed and have cloud eye. i separated them, leaving the newborns with the psyco mother and put the poorly male on ER with mela/pimafix and some salt. what's going on here? i think they are not normal.

regards

jim from sydney
Wed Apr 19, 2006, 05:40 AM
Geral.....congratulations... :blob ....one parent is capable of bringing-up the fry....better two but not necessary.......separate the parents to stop the arguments is ok.....it may need a little more attention from you however if you love them as much as we all do, than you will sleep with them....LOL...keep some pics coming please.....