PDA

View Full Version : 5 Days After Medication....

discus_maniac
Sat Feb 11, 2006, 08:05 PM
My blue discus is in the hospital tank for almost 5 days treating with Flagyl.
I had increase the medication, he start to eat a bit now BUT still had white poo. I am using a 10 litres tank with heater and air stone in it, ammonia level is 0, PH level is around 6.2, temp is 30.
Is there anything else i should try and make the fish recover ASAP???

Cheers :)

Merrilyn
Sun Feb 12, 2006, 04:50 AM
You're doing all the right things for your fish DM.

Now that he's eating a little, try soaking some of his dry food with Metro dissolved in a little water before feeding it to him.

That way the medication will go straight into his gut, where it will do the most good.

As already mentioned, it can take up to ten days of treatment to cure really stubborn cases. The fact that the fish is eating a little is a very good sign.

discus_maniac
Sun Feb 12, 2006, 05:27 AM
You're doing all the right things for your fish DM.

Now that he's eating a little, try soaking some of his dry food with Metro dissolved in a little water before feeding it to him.

That way the medication will go straight into his gut, where it will do the most good.

As already mentioned, it can take up to ten days of treatment to cure really stubborn cases. The fact that the fish is eating a little is a very good sign.

Merrilyn my sick discus is very picky i had to buy some live shrimp for it to eat :roll:
It will not eat anything else so i don't know how to get the medicine straight into the guy, should i soak the live shrimps in with the medication?? :oops:
Also you said that don't turn on the tank light during treatment for the sick discus...how about normal house light?? should i move the hospital tank to somewhere dark or get something to cover it???

Merrilyn
Sun Feb 12, 2006, 05:44 AM
Indeed, soak the live shrimp in metro for an hour before feeding. They will take up a little of the medication into their gut.

Room light is fine, just don't turn tank lights on during metro medication. It is destroyed by light.