PDA

View Full Version : full tankshot...

sammigold
Sat Jan 21, 2006, 01:45 PM
Hi this is a shot of my tank.... please forgive waterlevel and babyfinger marks :lol: :lol: I took this the day before waterchange and clean....

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/sammigold/disctank600x256.jpg

sharn
Sun Jan 22, 2006, 07:48 AM
wow, very pretty! youve given me some much needed inspiration :D

sammigold
Sun Jan 22, 2006, 09:16 AM
Thank you sharn, I've been feeling a bit depressed about it lately as my swords all died off and my beautiful centrepiece is now a tiny little crown of 1inch leaves.... but at least they are starting to grow back I think with some advice from the guys in the amazon garden section....

I am feeling alot better now that it gave you some inspiration.... Im just trying to figure out how to get some height into the plants.. my man says "Patience sammi! Patience!!" :twisted: :lol: :lol:

I know he is right but I am not the patient type I want all my plants to grow overnight.. (maybe I should go back to plastic :wink: they never die off and are as tall as you want them straight away) :lol: :lol:

weird
Sun Jan 22, 2006, 09:41 AM
Thats look awesome mate. Very beautiful

Ben
Sun Jan 22, 2006, 11:50 AM
sorry to hear about the swords sammi, but in high sight your tank looks awesome!!!

well done!

keep the pics comming we love em!

cheers
Ben

goldenpigeon
Mon Jan 23, 2006, 09:21 AM
the tank looks great sammi! seems to looks better.... have you changed it around much? discus look great too. what is the tank dimentions?

sammigold
Mon Jan 23, 2006, 11:06 PM
thanks GP, it is a 4ft by 18"x18" approx

I have added a few more plants (experimenting with what would survive)
found a great anubius on wood, it had been given to the LFS all eaten and they had been growing it back... I got it cheap as they werent sure if it would grow back well.... anyway it is great and I am sure as time goes by it will be a magnificent plant.... I moved a few things around and the other day I moved one of the sticks across as I think my bbt has scratched himself on it... so now it is touching the side of the tank so he cant do that anymore...

Im now at the patience time... where I just have to watch and hope things grow.... Although I am tempted to by a couple more plants... I had a hygro but it kept coming out and floating around the top although I have noticed a couple of little babies growing so they may have got some roots and I may have hygro again .... again its the waiting game... it wont happen overnight but it will happen!!! :lol: Thanks for the compliments!