PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Thailand (*56k warning*)

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 05:02 PM
I realize this post is in the wrong place, it is easier for me to edit in the photo gallery rather than in the Amazon Lounge. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. ( please feel free to move if necessary )

Only one or two of the photo's actually contain Discus.

While Thailand has some of the most beautiful temples in the world I have not posted any, as so many can be viewed on a Google Image search.

Unfortunately some of my judgments on what
I saw, on my travels may not be good, one has to remember that our values or mine are different to those of others and perhaps this adds to the allure of one wanting to travel.

Not a waking moment went by that I did not think to myself this has easily been worth the expense and nine hour trip there and back.

I will add some comments to some of the photo's as I go along : )

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 05:16 PM
This is a shot of me ( i'm on the left ) and my very good friend from home. We are celebrating his birthday. It is my first night in Bangkok. The second shot with the girls is his girl friends cousin and her friend. While I'm certain none will forget the early hours of that evening the end was a complete blur. Normally I don't drink but this was an exception. As an example of the cost of food and drink I would say they are ten times cheaper than in Australia at most places. The Red Label Scotch certainly was !!

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 05:28 PM
As you can see the traffic is a big problem in Bangkok this is not a shot of peak hour either. At the busy times the prices of taxis Tuk Tuk's ect goes up. Even the meter cabs won't take you ( for the metered price anyway ). The fastest way at those times and certainly the most exciting ( Dangerous ) way is by motorbike taxi. The motorbike taxis often go the opposite way of the traffic which adds a new dimension to dangerous. Seems all vehicles give way to the largest. For instance a motorbike a Tuk Tuk and a car to a bus. Not sure if this is the law but it's what happens in practice.

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 05:35 PM
While in Bangkok I went to a shopping center called Pata. This center features a zoo. The pictures of the animals will suggest why a visit is not warranted yet I had no idea what to expect !! BTW the clothes are good value compared to the upmarket centers and they have no fakes. I scored some Levi Jeans for under $30.

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 05:40 PM
Saw this Black water monitor also at Pata. Talk about Ugly !!!

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 05:48 PM
Luckily I was in Bangkok over the weekend as they have a huge market called Chatuchak . It's said to be one of if not the biggest in the world. No one even knows how many stall it actually has. And yes it has a fish section and all other pets and not to forget all the chickens I needed to navigate around ( bird flu ).

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 05:53 PM
Some more shots from Chatuchak.

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 05:54 PM

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 05:57 PM

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 06:02 PM
Now for Scooter shots some funny some not so funny.
While I mentioned one should not judge others, I was distressed by the lack of helmets worn by very young kids. Sometimes I would see the adults with them ( helmets) whilst giving pillion to children without !!

I was informed that they don't make helmets for the kids yet I found out thats just not true !!

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 06:03 PM
Now for Scooter shots some funny some not so funny.
While I mentioned one should not judge others, I was distressed by the lack of helmets worn by very young kids. Sometimes I would see the adults with them ( helmets) whilst giving pillion to children without !!

I was informed that they don't make helmets for the kids yet I found out thats just not true !!

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 06:06 PM
Now I don't think a scooter marketed in Australia called a Smash would be good. It's a popular model in Thailand.

the_oracle
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 06:18 PM
Oscar,
COOL chicks....................
8-) 8-) 8-)

That double tongued creaute gives me the goosebumps.........

Keep the pics. rolling.....................

Sanie.

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 06:23 PM
Carrying concrete blocks on a trolley does seem to be a bit tedious indeed.

Some of the best food I ate was from the many street stalls to be found anywhere. Each meal costs about $1 and its about as authentic as one could imagine cooked right before your eyes. I put on a least 5 kg's.

Dogs and cats are to be found everywhere with no owners. Suprisingly they keep to themselves and don't beg for food. They lie on the side of busy roads and are very street wise !!

I was told these animals are well respected as the Thais believe in reincarnation. Therefore any of these dogs or cats could be a relative
( ancestor ) of theirs !! Anyone care to expand on this ?

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 06:43 PM
Now for some shots of the aquariums in the Siam Paragon shopping center ( food court ).

This place is very upmarket and rivals centers I saw four years ago in Tokyo.

This center has a Massive Public Aquarium sadly I had no time that day.
If anyone is going please post some pics. ( Don't forget your camera )

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 06:48 PM
More food court photo's.

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 06:50 PM
More food court photo's.

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 07:03 PM
I think I may have solved the mystery to the Tasmanian Tiger. It's in Thailand :lol:

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 07:18 PM
A special thank you most go to my lovely tour guides who took me to the Siam Paragon.

They enjoyed getting made up in the center surprisingly all the cosmetic counters were manned by Lady Boys or gays seems they know more about cosmetics than the lady folk !!! The lady boy in the one photo was at least 6'3" and built like a league player !!!

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 07:26 PM
Fresh Seafood.

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 07:50 PM
Please feel free to comment or correct where necessary !!!

Thats all for now will add some more pics perhaps at a later stage.

Ciao for now,

Mark

Ben
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 09:47 PM
wowser Mark!
What an awesome trip! Looks like you had plenty of fun whilst in Thailand! Thanks heaps for the pictures and if you have more, load em up!

Cheers
Ben

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 10:48 PM
wowser Mark!
What an awesome trip! Looks like you had plenty of fun whilst in Thailand!

Indeed I did !!!

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 11:21 PM
I thought the wires around my tanks were a bit messy but they aint got nothing on these :lol:

Roy
Sun Jan 08, 2006, 06:56 AM
Ahh that pic of the power lines brings back some memories.
Its an interesting place to visit for a holiday.

Roy

goldenpigeon
Sun Jan 08, 2006, 08:20 AM
lol hope you had a nice trip mark :lol:

Mulisha
Sun Jan 08, 2006, 08:54 AM
Jee looked like you had a very nice time great to see :D