PDA

View Full Version : Finally Finished

DarrenJThomas
Tue Dec 20, 2005, 05:16 AM
I finally got the "skin" to my cupboard, what do you think?

I designed it so that i can change the "skin" if i change the appreance of the room.

Here are the previous pictures of my tank

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4591

ml29
Tue Dec 20, 2005, 05:53 AM
Love the cabinet....very minimalist/modern.

Just a few questions if you don't mind.

1. Does your system do automatic water changes?
2. Where does the new water enter into your system during a water change and does the existing water just overflow into your drain? ie sump or main tank. (If you have a diagram that would be extremely useful)
3. Does the gravel heating maintain the tank temperature during winter.

Sorry about the questions, I'm planning on setting up a similar system.

Regards

Marvin

duck
Tue Dec 20, 2005, 07:59 AM
That looks really good and you can the skin that is something i like to know how you did it.
Wouldn't mind changing mine sometime.

DR.V
Tue Dec 20, 2005, 01:27 PM
Looks neat and tidy ^^

Ben
Tue Dec 20, 2005, 10:32 PM
Darren well done mate! You have done an excellent job setting up that tank!

An awesome show piece for that room!

Cheers
Ben

DarrenJThomas
Tue Dec 20, 2005, 10:38 PM
Ml29

The attached picture explains how the automatic water changes occur.

I will be putting a solinoid valve at valve 1 with a peice of under sink filter water pipe going into the sump. The sump fills with water and overflows down pipe 4. (just like an water saver plug for your washing machine. Valve 2. is water directly into the aquarium and valve 3. is to waste.

The cable heater is excellent. It is made by dupla. The controller comes with 2 x power points that are independantly operated. In winter if the undercable heater needs a boost it will use the second power outlet to fire up a normal heater that you can see in the bottom of the sump. I wouldnt be with out it.

Ben the tank looks even better now with you blue diamonds swimming around in it. :lol:

Darren

Ben
Tue Dec 20, 2005, 10:56 PM
That is truly one fantastic set up Darren!
Those blue diamonds will be a lot happier in your tank than my bare bottom tank with no furniture!

lol

Cheers
Ben

ml29
Wed Dec 21, 2005, 01:07 AM
Darren

Thanks for the info.