PDA

View Full Version : Can someone more experienced id my discus strains?

Mettle
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 01:15 AM
They were all gotten in and thus sold as 'pigeon blood'. I know they're not very good quality. (You get what you pay for- $20/fish CAD.) And I know they have spots of ich. (Help me out in the illness forum on that one! Thanks!)

But in the mean time I was wondering if someone could properly id the strains of discus I have.

Thanks! :D

axelfaz
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 06:07 AM
hi mettle their look like 'pigeon bloods" to me mate a give away sign is the peppering they have .

Cameron

Benny
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 06:27 AM
They look like PB's to me too!!!

Check out the excellent guide to treat ich in the DIY forum

Merrilyn
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 08:39 AM
Pigeon blood strain certainly, and the top one in the first pic could well be called a pearl pigeon, and the second one a golden pigeon.

It's a bit hard to be precise from a photograph, but they are quite nice looking little fish.

Feed them well, and they should grow into a nice round shape.

G-1000
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 09:30 AM
Yep

Ladyred is right.

You look like you have one golden pigeon and one pearl pigeon (the pearl being the one with the peppering).

G

Mettle
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 01:50 PM
It's actually three different fish - the last pic being the third one. (Two were in one bag, one in a third, as they came from different tanks.)

Thanks for the id's though, folks. Much appreciated! I love them already. They're my new babies.

piranha-discus
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 02:02 PM
in the bag of 2, one pigeon and the other in sure its a super red because i also braught a pigeon blood and a super red from oafi whenthe fish were at a cheap priceand that little one behind the pigeon looks same as mine. mine was 5 cm when i buy now its 3 inch gets more red as grows. it grows red without a white face

nag
Mon Oct 24, 2005, 04:01 PM
Hi:

The first is a PB alright...
The full body coloured one could be a Melon...though it can be a GP varient...
Just my thoughts...