PDA

View Full Version : My Community Tank

chris
Fri Sep 30, 2005, 09:19 AM
My Community Tank

chris
Fri Sep 30, 2005, 09:20 AM
My Turq pair at it again they have eggs on the rock.

chris
Fri Sep 30, 2005, 09:23 AM
Few More :!:

goldenpigeon
Fri Sep 30, 2005, 09:25 AM
awesome fish! more pics mate!

brew3
Fri Sep 30, 2005, 12:41 PM
Nice looking pictures and fish, keep up the good work.

:) :) :) :)

Merrilyn
Fri Sep 30, 2005, 01:43 PM
Looking good Chris.

Kaiser
Fri Sep 30, 2005, 03:42 PM
Those turq looks awesome.

DR.V
Fri Sep 30, 2005, 03:57 PM
Love them. Put some real plants ^^

chris
Sat Oct 01, 2005, 01:18 AM
Cheers for the feed back,
DRV I used to have swords in there they looked good aswell the only problem is that they developed some brown stuff on the leaves, but when the LFS gets more in I will put them back in,
Got any tips for some for keeping plants with out going for a CO2 kit, and types :?:
Pictures would be cool too.
Oh dose any one know why they went brown :?:

DR.V
Sat Oct 01, 2005, 02:42 AM
I got plants without co2 kit ...

I keep the light for 9 hours a day and keep regular water changes

I added some liquid fertilizer

OscarManAlpha
Sat Oct 01, 2005, 03:11 AM
Swords are heavy root feeders.

You could try some Duplarit K 1 ball under each plant.

For an additional boost you can put Sera florenette A. Half a tablet under each plant if they are looking a bit dull.

Keep in mind these products are slow release so don't be tempted to add Sera florenette A every week it should be good for at least 3 months.

You can surround the plant base with polished river stones to remind you not to gravel clean at the base of your swords.

Cryptocoryne grow well without Co2 my friend has amazing ones and no Co2. Many beutiful leaf shapes and colour tones to choose from.

Java fern are another good low demand ( low light ) plant tie too driftwood do not put roots in the substrate.

Anubias are good too but the leaves live for a long time so they do gather a lot of algae I plant mine in the shaded areas of my tanks.

Check out the Tropica web site they give a lot of details of what plants require.

mcloughlin2
Sat Oct 01, 2005, 08:05 AM
Try some cambomba or wat ever it is called....its got the really thin leaves....its the thing egg layers like to lay their eggs on......grows quick and looks good in big bunches..... :D

I had some in a tank with two fluro lights and was trimming up to 2inch a week of the top after it settled in and started to grow..... :wink:

Sam

discusjim
Sat Oct 01, 2005, 11:40 AM
Nice fish and tank, good work.
Jim