PDA

View Full Version : pair moving there hatching spawn

Crocky
Mon Sep 05, 2005, 09:08 AM
Moved this pair 6 weeks ago to this tank which took them a month to feel at home and start spawning.First time layed 400+ eggs only 10 white eggs in the first 30 hours,looked to darken a little but in the next couple of hours started to get fungus and all where eaten.
This time same thing not many white ones none going dark after nearly 40
hour so I decided to hit them with one drop per us gallon=3.7 854 litre with formilahyde? and in the next 2 hours 100 + eggs when dark the other white and by 6 last night parent where mouthing the dark egg and moving them to a bit of slate in the tank(you cant see it in the photo but when picked off the pipe no wriggling tail but by the time there spat on the slate wriggling tails).They spawned 2 in the afternoon and started moving around 5, 50 hours old never had them hatch or lay that earlt before temp at 30?.

Brad.c

Merrilyn
Mon Sep 05, 2005, 09:23 AM
Wonderful series of pictures Brad.

Thanks for sharing.

Crocky
Mon Sep 05, 2005, 09:25 AM
I sorry about the size of the pic you cant see the wrigglers on the slate there around 60 might make them a bit bigger.Bad luck i cant put a movie of them on forum as I video it as well and I said to my wife I would have pay a 100 buck a couple of year for video like this as I was pretty new to breeding fish

Brad

nicholas76
Mon Sep 05, 2005, 09:27 AM
Crocky!

this wont do.

MORE PICS !! these are superb fish hope the fry work out for you !!!