PDA

View Full Version : Some recent photos of a few of mine.

chrissyoscar
Wed Apr 27, 2005, 10:49 PM
These photos were taken yesterday. As there's a photo competition coming up I've started snapping away with the digi camera. Let me know what you think.

Oscar

Ben
Wed Apr 27, 2005, 11:10 PM
wow great pictures Oscar!
I think there is going to be some fierce competition!

Cheers,
Ben

Ps, i love the bar code on the top pic!

ctvu
Wed Apr 27, 2005, 11:11 PM
So nice fish !!! I like spotted one

chrissyoscar
Wed Apr 27, 2005, 11:39 PM
Thanks guys.
Yeah I really like the spotted discus but that red turq's been with me from the start so I really have a soft spot for her.
About a year ago maybe a little longer I had her in the breeding tank in the garage. I was on morning shift and decided to take a sicky. I never check the tanks when I'm on morning shift as it's to early but as I took a sicky I went into the garage to feed them. I was shocked as I couldn't see her. I spent about 2 min looking all around the tank and finally I found her behind some junk on the garage floor. I'm not ashamed to admit I had tears in my eyes as I looked at her just laying there on the dirty floor. All of a sudden I noticed her gills more I quickly picked her up and placed her back in the tank. Apart from some scratches and hers eyes which were almost completely white for about 2 weeks she made a complete recovery. Anyway since then she's been extra special to me. Who said taking sickies were bad :wink:

Anyway enough rambling.

Thank for the nice words about my photography Ben but really it's all the camera. All I do is point and shoot.

Oscar

Tiger
Thu Apr 28, 2005, 03:21 AM
Nice fish you got there, especially the male SSS.
I miss mine very much after I sold mine, look similar to yours.
tks

DR.V
Thu Apr 28, 2005, 05:12 AM
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! is there any water in tank ????
it looks like the fish are flying , hehehe ...
is your water really clean or issit the digicam ??
Do u mind sharing how to keep your water clean like that ?? any secret ??
Anyway , great work !!

goldenpigeon
Thu Apr 28, 2005, 06:03 AM
great pics and fish keep em comming

chrissyoscar
Thu Apr 28, 2005, 08:23 AM
Thanks guys

:D I wish I did have a secret, truth is the water's not that clean it's just like every other tank. Because the photos are cropped you don't see as much water so it looks crystal clear.

Oscar

sleeper
Fri Apr 29, 2005, 07:26 AM
very nice spotted snake--like leopard snake....

the_oracle
Sun May 01, 2005, 07:32 AM
That handsome male spotted snakeskin has the potential..........
He looks sooooooo cooooooollllll..........
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Regards,
Sanie.

chrissyoscar
Sun May 01, 2005, 07:39 AM
Thanks Sleeper and Sanie

Yeah he really is a nice looking discus. I've got him paired up with my Red turq so fingers crossed.

leanne31
Mon May 02, 2005, 12:14 AM
Hi Oscar great looking fish im jealous. It was a very interesting point you made about the little kick on the fin that you say both your males have as all of my sisters males have that same kick maybe its a male thing. :lol:

Leanne

goldenpigeon
Mon May 02, 2005, 05:46 AM
yes it is a male thing