PDA

View Full Version : Laying with fry in the tank

Mavzta
Sun Aug 10, 2014, 11:57 AM
My discus fry have just been free swimming for 2 days and my female has laid eggs again.
Is this common. Should I just leave them be?
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/mavzta/749edaf518b64a9ff4edbbd9349d01cb_zps9952470c.jpg

Nathan5
Mon Aug 11, 2014, 12:02 AM
When the batch is not worth raising to small the parents will often spawn again they might eat them they might ignore them depends on the fish, after 4 to 5 days of free swimming they will start eating brine you can separate them and start feeding 5 to 8 times a day not really worth it raising 10 to 20 fry you will lose some as well but look at it as a learning curve good luck

Mavzta
Mon Aug 11, 2014, 08:34 AM
When the batch is not worth raising to small the parents will often spawn again they might eat them they might ignore them depends on the fish, after 4 to 5 days of free swimming they will start eating brine you can separate them and start feeding 5 to 8 times a day not really worth it raising 10 to 20 fry you will lose some as well but look at it as a learning curve good luck
Your right. I lost half overnight. I'll just leave them be. Not trying to be a breeder as such, just got excited when I saw them laying and thought I'd give them a go.