PDA

View Full Version : Shy fish

AKNewtu
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 01:27 AM
I am looking into keeping a Discus tank, and I have been reviewing several sources, most have noted that these fish are shy and prefer to be out of the way (without much vibration, or on/off light changes). I am stuck on wanting to put together a tank with these fish, however I have some concerns about the shy behavior. I live in a studio apt. There is no space free of vibration or on/off light changes. Is there a way I can still keep these fish? Or should i wait until I move somewhere else, in however many years. I just want to do what is best for my potential fish and I dont want to get into something that will negativley effect the fish.

Thanks for any advice.

Ghoti
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 06:09 AM
Well mine do fine in the kitchen/family room, which is the busiest part of the house. No ppoint having the fish if they need to be hidden away IMHO.

Cheers,
Scott

mattgoanna
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 07:52 AM
They will be fine. You can always cover part of the the tank to start with.

AKNewtu
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 05:46 PM
They will be fine. You can always cover part of the the tank to start with.

Putting a cover is a great idea, thanks. I also agree that putting the time, money, and effort into a tank is a large commitment. Why shouldn't it be displayed? Thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated.