PDA

View Full Version : Adult Discus for Sale - SOLD

Dee
Mon Apr 04, 2005, 08:38 AM
Hey All,

As you may have seen from my post in the 'photo album' section of the forum, I have just purchased 13 juvi's from Rod Lewis - Sunshine Discus and have to make room in my 4x2x2 for them. The down side is I have to sell my adults currently in the 4x2x2 :( , I just don't have the time or space to run 2 tanks ... All discus are of good size, shape and health. They all readily take beefheart mix, blood worms, discus premium and tetra bits, and i have babied them with 30% WC's every second day. All discus would be abot 12 months old and still have size to put on, so i guess you could say they are sub adults :?:

I'm in East St Kilda 3183 and am hoping to have all discus sold by wednesday week (13th April), as tank size is slowly becoming an issue in my juvi tank ... the juvi's are growin very fast :shock: Please PM me or email any questions ... upski30@hotmail.com

The following pics dont do their colour any justice, but give a good indication of size and shape

Here's the confirmed male leopard, I got him from SLS. He's 4inch+ (not including tail) and steadily growing. Great colour and shape, WITHDRWAN FORM SALE.

kalebjarrod
Mon Apr 04, 2005, 08:48 AM
by all discus what do you mean?

Dee
Mon Apr 04, 2005, 08:50 AM
Here's the confirmed female blue turk, she's the queen of the tank. She has laid and had wrigglers with the male leopard in my comunity tank, but the wrigglers have always been eatin by the tank mates :? I was going to sell her with my male leopard as a confirmed pair, but since i put my other pair back in the comunity tank she has shown more intrest in my spotted SS male. So I will sell them seperatly, she's 4inch+ (not including tail) eats like a horse and has great shape and size (biggest fish i have for sale), and she has very intense red eyes :wink: WITHDRAWN FROM SALE.

Dee
Mon Apr 04, 2005, 08:58 AM
Here's my suspected male Mosaic Red Turk, i say suspected as he was always courting the female blue turk. He's still got a fair bit of colour to develop. Good size, shape and health ... 4inch (not including tail), I'm asking $75 for him/her.

Dee
Mon Apr 04, 2005, 09:05 AM
Here's the suspected male "Super Red", again i say suspected because he was always courting the female Blue Turk. I bought him as a "Super Red", but he's more of a "Super Orange", flouro orange colour with yellow face. He's still got a fair bit of colour to develop and has good size, shape and health with minimal speckling ... a tiny bit on the face and a little on lower fin and tail. ON HOLD FOR A FORUM MEMBER.

Dee
Mon Apr 04, 2005, 09:07 AM
Well that's the four discus i have for sale. I am hoping that they all go to good homes, as i have put alot of time and effort into these guys. Anyway anyone intrested please feel free to contact me.

Cheers,

Dee :D

Dee
Mon Apr 04, 2005, 10:34 AM
G'day Ryan,

I just saw your post, you must of replied whilst i was posting the other pics :lol:

Cheers,

Dee :)

Merrilyn
Mon Apr 04, 2005, 01:31 PM
They are beautiful looking fish Dee. You shouldn't have any trouble finding a buyer for them.

Dee
Mon Apr 04, 2005, 02:25 PM
Thanks Merrilyn :)

It will be a sad day when they go :( I'm sure they will all go to good homes.

Cheers,

pitchblack
Mon Apr 04, 2005, 11:48 PM
hey discus d you have email. love the fish

Dee
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 12:56 AM
You have mail PitchBlack :)

Ben
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 01:10 AM
Great photography Dee! and even better looking fish!

Dee
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 08:47 AM
Cheers Ben :wink:

leanne31
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 09:10 AM
Its not fair how come all the good looking discus for sale are in melbourne I wonder if i drove over one day and bought some how they would go on a 7 hour or so drive home

Leanne

Aurora
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 10:56 AM
......The good looking fish hang out with the good looking people ;)

weird
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 11:10 AM
What plant is that in the pot ? I like it. I have too many anubias and crypts at home ... need some more variety.

goldenpigeon
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 11:22 AM
aurora that is a good 1! hehehehehehe!!!!

NOT! you havnt seen my fish! hehehehehe

goldenpigeon
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 11:23 AM
or my GOOD looks!!!!!!!

Dee
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 12:44 PM
G'day Weird,

The plant in the pot is just a common Amazon Sword with a lot of algea on it :roll: :oops: I have had the plant for a bout a year and a half, it reached about 30cm or so with less than 1wpg lighting ... very hardy plant.

Leanne ... I'm sure you could do that, fish shipped from asia would be in transit longer than 7 hours. I guess you would just have to make sure they where packed correctly with heat packs and pure oxygen etc. As for why all the nice fish for sale are in Melbourne ... It must just be something in the water :P

PS ... Dave (weird), how are the little guys that had the problem with hex going ? I hope they are well. :D

Cheers,

Dee.

leanne31
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks for that Dee might have to do that one day I think, my boys have be nagging me to go there when the crows ae playing at the telstra dome as they want to go there so I think I'll have to do some shopping while I am there. :lol:

Leanne

Dee
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 01:51 PM
No problems Leanne :)

You sure the boys wouldn't prefer to watch a game at the MCG ... The home of Melbourne football hehe :P

As for Discus shopping in Melbourne, the only place I would recommend for retail Discus is OAFI. It's a funny little shop, you have to push a buzzer to get in and it's tiny once you get in there. Mac the owner is a character, very nice guy with a vast knowledge of discus and their tank mates. I would personly advise getting some shipped from interstate, Melbourne just doesnt cut it in retail discus IMO. Rod from Sunshine Discus would be the best I have dealt with, his fish are awsome. The 13 I got from him are great and rapidly growing, faster than i thought they would ...some have almost doubled their size in the three weeks I have had them :shock: , hence why I have to sell my adults. HTH

Cheers,

leanne31
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks for that Dee I thought if I was gonna bring my boys there for a couple of days break nothing wrong with some discus window shopping while Im there and I have actually got a couple off Rod myself a bd, bt and a ss. Oh and I'd love to go to the mcg its just that the crows dont play there very often guess I'll have to check the schedule :lol:

Leanne

DR.V
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 02:35 PM
wow , great fish !! Have a look at the plants !!
I had the same problem a while ago , anyone know whats wrong with the leafs ???

goldenpigeon
Tue Apr 05, 2005, 09:16 PM
go leanne. i drove from coffs to the gold coast with an oscar! that took me about 5 hours not including the pit stop for KFC!! hehehe

Dee
Wed Apr 06, 2005, 02:17 AM
G'day Dr.V,

Thanks for the comment on the fish :) As for the plants, there's nothing wrong with the leaves. Basiclly they are just coverd with brown algea and black beard algea ... due to low light under 1wpg. The black beard algea is next to impossible to remove as it anchors it self very securly on the plants. The higher light seems to have helped with the brown algea and seems to slowly be helping with the black beard algae. The black beard algae seems to "catch" alot of particles in the water ... food etc, so it can get pretty messy and look very messy :? I have just removed my potted Amazon Swords, because my spotted SS pair which i just sold and are on hold, keep spawning on the pots. I dont want to remove the spotted SS pair whilst they are tending to eggs, the pots have been removed until the pair are collected.

Cheers,

weird
Wed Apr 06, 2005, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the info Dee. Oh, I did not realise it was an Amazon, I worry about them growing out too much for the small area I want to put it in.

Thanks for asking about the little guys, they are doing great, they made a move to a 4x2x2 about a month ago and are loving it ... all have nice size and the colors are getting more brighter everyday. They get bullied by a Butterfly ram though which is hilarious considering the size difference.

If I was in Melbourne I would seriously consider popping in and picking up your adult discus, they are gorgeous.

Dee
Thu Apr 07, 2005, 02:20 AM
G'day Dave,

Great to hear the little guys are going so well in the 4x2x2. I'm looking forward to putting my new guys in my 4x2x2 :wink:

It's a pity your in Sydney, as i would be more than happy for my adults to go live with uncle Dave :lol:

Cheers,

Dee
Thu Apr 07, 2005, 02:24 AM
Hi All,

I have just reduced the prices on the fish I have for sale as follows ...

Male Leopard 4"+ $110
Mosaic Red Turk 4" $75
Female Blue Turk 4"+ ON HOLD
Super Red 4" ON HOLD

Please dont hesitate to contact me if you have any questions ...

Cheers,

barbarolli
Fri Apr 08, 2005, 11:21 AM
Hi

I am interested in your red mosaic wher in melbourne r u

Dee
Fri Apr 08, 2005, 11:37 AM
G'day Barbarolli,

Im in East St Kilda 3183. He's still available.

Cheers,

barbarolli
Fri Apr 08, 2005, 11:43 AM
great id like tro look at him tomorrow if posssible also if u havent sold the blue turq ill take her as well do you have a contact number

Dee
Fri Apr 08, 2005, 11:53 AM
Barbarolli you have a PM :)

DR.V
Fri Apr 08, 2005, 03:45 PM
Arggg i want those fish ...
But im sydney :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Dee
Sat Apr 09, 2005, 05:19 AM
Hi All,

Just a quick update, I have decided to keep the Blue Turk and Leopard. As soon as my Spotted Snake pair where collected, The Blue Turk and Leopard paired up again and laid eggs. I'm sorry for the inconvience to the intrested party, I feel bad for doing this :?

Here's the updated list ---

Female Blue Turk - Withdrawn from Sale
Male Leopard - Withdrawn from Sale
Mosaic Red Turk - $75
Super Red - On Hold.

Thanks,

Dee.

barbarolli
Tue Apr 19, 2005, 09:30 PM
Hi Do you still have the Mosaic turk and Super Red ?.

Dee
Thu Apr 21, 2005, 03:52 PM
Hi Barbarolli,

Sorry the Mosaic and Super Red where sold last week.

Cheers,