PDA

View Full Version : Strange bed fellows

swifto
Sat Apr 07, 2012, 08:52 AM
Hi all,Ive got a eruption and blue diamond both male's which have decided to pair up,I have matching female's for them as well as a ringed leopard female and two others that I'm not sure of the sex.
They are all in a communal tank so not worried about it to much,just the territorial issue that comes when wanting spawn.The female eruption seems interested but is chased away by the male b/d. Any thoughts .:evil:

giorid
Sat Apr 07, 2012, 12:07 PM
I would just use another tank to split them up so they don't see each other and divide the females between them until they pair up, gayness in animals is common, nothing to worry about, just make sure that there aren't any health issues with your fish and most of all that you've sexed them correctly.

swifto
Sun Apr 08, 2012, 07:17 AM
yep both the eruption and b/d have paired,its funny watching them both frantically cleaning a spot on the d/w,at one the penny has to drop for one of them :oops: :lol:

swifto
Sun Apr 08, 2012, 10:33 AM
well i was wrong the eruption is a female,as its laying eggs right now as I'm typing this.I knew the blue diamond was a male as he has been with 2 other females b4.pics to come. :oops: :oops: :evil:

swifto
Sun Apr 08, 2012, 11:09 AM
well here they are doing their thing.I haven't had the eruption long.Thanks Marlon.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7108/7056362777_8aef8245b1.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7239/7056359205_c87102242b.jpg
Well what was suppose to a male turned out 2 b female lol, not to worry,lets hope the other eruption is male.At least i no I've got a confirmed female eruption and a missed matched pair. :wink:

Merrilyn
Sun Apr 08, 2012, 11:34 AM
They'll make a fool of you every time swifto.

Just when we think we know it all, one of them will throw you a curved ball and you're back to square one :P

Nice looking fish by the way.

swifto
Tue Apr 10, 2012, 09:44 AM
Hi all,well the male b/d is doing good job looking after the eggs,but in a communal tank I don't think they'll develop or succeed in raising a batch.But they could prove me wrong.

Hooked
Tue Apr 10, 2012, 02:38 PM
Great pattern on that Eruption Swifto!

Enjoy! : )

swifto
Tue Apr 10, 2012, 10:47 PM
Thanks Hooked,well the pair now have wrigglers,so lets c how they go at raising them in a communal tank.I will leave them to their own instincts and only the strong will survive. :P

boxters
Wed Apr 11, 2012, 05:32 AM
Don't forget to leave a nite light on

boxters
Wed Apr 11, 2012, 05:33 AM
Almost forgot. Be ready with food for the fry. Frozen baby brine shrimp and spirulina will do the trick