PDA

View Full Version : More eggs - should I remove?

Mrs D
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 12:16 PM
Parents still eating eggs/wrigglers. I have had to do a bit of a shuffle around as I had my gourami being very agressive and wanting to breed, I sold some tanks and re-arranged some others to fit the Christmas tree in.

The breeding pair are now in a 3ft by themselves. It has a DIY background, some plants and sand substrate. They ended up here because of putting the gourami in the breeder tanks (now have fry from them) and I felt sorry for the discus being in an 18in.

Since being in this tank they waited a while to spawn again and have eaten their first lot of eggs there - this makes the 5th batch since being paired.

Should I remove the cone with the eggs to hand raise?

Should I let them just keep eating and know that they are very healthy?

Should I try to get a basket over the cone to protect the eggs?

Should I try to avaoid them as much as possible (they are in the garage with my other breeders) and only do feeds twice a day?

Should I put the pair into the 5ft community tank with the other juvie (3-4in) discus to become "better bonded"?

Should I just take my poor exploding head to bed, take some codeine and call them all ratbags?!!!!! (I have a rotten head cold, 2nd time in a month)

Also, as I am typing, I just looked at my angels in the other community tank and noticed they are getting ready to spawn! Whenever this pair spawns, the single female left over decides to spawn too. :S

Ghoti
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 09:09 PM
With all those fish spawning it sounds like a great problem to have :^)

Makes for a great New Year!

Cheers,
Scott

Mrs D
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 01:08 AM
Doesn't matter now Scott, they ate them all. I don't have the patience for this! Did you say you were looking fo another breeding pair?!!! LOL

swifto
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 01:21 AM
What's wrong with eating a little caviar. :lol:

Mrs D
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 09:21 AM
Nothing - as long as I'm the one eating it! In a nice sushi roll!