PDA

View Full Version : Foster Parents

Nev
Wed Oct 05, 2011, 11:08 PM
I currently have a pair with 4 day old fry in a tank setup for them. But in the community tank I have another pair that have spawned and I expect them to be free swiming sometime tommorow.

So what I want to know is can I transfer the young from the community tank into the breeding tank? Will this result in disaster or will the new fry slip in unnoticed?

The fry in the breeding tank are now schooling, and look awesome around mum and dad. They've also doubled in size.

Should I just let everyone in the community tank have some live food maybe?

rex82
Wed Oct 05, 2011, 11:13 PM
They fry in the breeding tank if considerably larger will dominaye over the younger fry, you will notice fish with no eyes etc.

Gumby
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 03:18 AM
Hi Nev, I would put in some sort of flow through divider, that way you won't upset any fish and keep all the fry :wink:
Only a suggestion though.
Cheers, Gumby

m.ingram
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 03:34 AM
HI Nev Try getting in contact with Ben Milbourne . I seen a post on another forum where he fostered his fry .

Nev
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, unfortunately a divider isn't an option. I think I'll just wait a few days and put any survivors in with the foster parents and just see what happens.