PDA

View Full Version : Koi festival

LEG-IT
Sun May 08, 2011, 06:45 AM
hey guys,
thought you guys might be interested

http://www.fairfieldchampion.com.au/news/local/news/general/fish-beauties-on-display/2138832.aspx

cheers

swifto
Sun May 08, 2011, 06:55 AM
Hi,i stated out with koi and was a member of both the koi society and the australian koi assoc when i was younger.I did use to show and breed them also for many years.

LEG-IT
Wed May 11, 2011, 07:17 AM
nice..........
saw the ad in the papers again, this sunday and theres gonna be high quality Kois, goldfish and discus! also plenty of bonsais and fish food!

Also ferrets, rabbits and birds for sale lol

Exotic Aquatic
Wed May 11, 2011, 07:20 AM
wish i was local!!! almost worth a trip up there, but with the shop renovations, i just cant make it...

hope someone will be there to post pics!

Also REALLY GLAD to hear your fish is doing better Jono! Top job mate, a little TLC goes a long way! keep up the water changes mate, they would be loving it!

Get yourself some Seachem Safe rather than Prime, same stuff in powder form, lasts HEAPS longer!!! ive had mine at home for my 6ft for almost a year and its only the medium jar!!!

LEG-IT
Sun May 15, 2011, 04:13 AM
well this sucks, ends at 4, was about to leave cousins come over. Can't go now :roll:

swifto
Sun May 15, 2011, 05:20 AM
yes its a good day there,but i have to work and cannt go,same really nice fish on show .

LEG-IT
Sun May 15, 2011, 08:31 AM
went at 3, lol bit late had a browse around not many discus this year, or maybe i came to late lol.
Lots of koi and still alot of people at 3, i walked past one of the stalls some guy said a figure of 16000 people in one today!!! :shock: woah...........

swifto
Sun May 15, 2011, 09:34 AM
yeh i believe that,if u get the chance next time go in the morning u will c some amazing colours and patterns.Koi are a spectacular fish (gin rin especially).