PDA

View Full Version : Is this fish got worms?? or hex????

axl
Tue Jan 11, 2011, 09:15 AM
Hi,
this is 1 of my new fish that i got about 2 weeks ago and he has jelly like poo. Is this worms??? or is it hex??? He has had gill flukes and i treated him with 2 pp baths last week. His breathing is quite heavy still which could be the gill flukes and i have to give him 1 more bath of pp tonight. Here is a video of what the poo looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2pP-mM1CUE

ILLUSN
Tue Jan 11, 2011, 10:22 AM
worms if it were hex the fish would be dark not brightly colored.

looks a litte sunken in the face as well

axl
Tue Jan 11, 2011, 10:48 AM
should i just treat with prazi and then dose with Big L. Is the sunken face a sign of worms???

Merrilyn
Tue Jan 11, 2011, 11:18 AM
I like to use Big L first, then prazi two weeks later.

Remember Big L requires 2 doses and carefully gravel vac after treatment to remove the paralyzed worms from the substrate.

axl
Tue Jan 11, 2011, 11:28 AM
righto will do, he isn't traveling to well at the moment i gave him his 3rd pp bath tonight to treat for gill flukes and both his eyes have a white film over them. I have moved to a hospital tank and have put salt in there, do you think he will make a full recover and when would you treat him for worms straight away or wait for a bit. He is only 2 weeks old in the tank and i purchased him with all these problems. GRRRRRRRRRR

ILLUSN
Tue Jan 11, 2011, 12:01 PM
its not always the seller fault i sware all discus have some kind of internal paracites as "normal" flora, stress gives them the edge they need to take over just do your best with him.

ILLUSN
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 01:17 PM
how are the fish axl?

karisdiscus
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 05:49 PM
I use Kusuri wormer plus. It works well and it also treats gill flukes, body flukes, intestinal helminths and worms. It is safe for plants and 1 week old fry. Is your discus still eating? If so it most likely is worms

axl
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 10:18 PM
I treated them with prazi and 1 dose of Big L two weeks ago.

Fish look fine but they keep hiding and not really eating. Marlon reckons i have developed Hex and i started treating metro in the main tank last night. I used the rate of 200mg per 40ltr and are going to re dose in 3 days time on his advice. Im treating 410lt of water and he suggested no to put 7 discus in a 70ltr tank to treat for Hex. Most of the fish have white poo and whats peoples thoughts. I would be very interested to know.