PDA

View Full Version : ivomec

atif
Tue Jun 22, 2010, 05:52 AM
i have use ivomec for wrom.one of my wild green discus become black and one of his eye is cloudy.now its almost three weeks i try prazi as well .This fish is stell eating little bit but his colour is very black :(

ILLUSN
Tue Jun 22, 2010, 06:20 AM
Cloudy eye can be in response to poor water quality or bacterial infection, if your other fish are fine your water quality is most likly ok, start treating with a broad spectrum antibacterial, if you can isolate the fish into a hospital tank that would be best, myaxin by water life at a double dose works well as does tri sulfa tablets at 1 tablet/20L

atif
Tue Jun 22, 2010, 07:27 AM
ILLUSN thank you very much for you advice can u plz tell me which order i have to fellow do i have to use broad spectrum antibacterial first and then myaxin by water life .Then tri sulfa tablets .

atif
Tue Jun 22, 2010, 07:36 AM
when i was useing ivomec that wild green was in the same corner where i was putting medication .I think this fish got some on its body and after that its change is colour from green to dark black . Do ivomec can burn skin of fish or its illness or sing of stress

ILLUSN
Tue Jun 22, 2010, 08:12 AM
no not really, if you have tri sulpha use that first if not and you cant buy it go get some myaxin.

goodoo
Wed Jun 23, 2010, 10:22 PM
Hi Illusn . Does tri suplha only fix external parasites. I Just finished a metro treatment and was thinking i need do a follow up treatment . trisulpha you think Or tetracyclene

ILLUSN
Wed Jun 23, 2010, 11:56 PM
TRI SULPHA IS AN ANTI BIOTIC, AS A RESULT IT ONLY WORKS ON BACTERIA INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL.

in the years before penicillian (pre second world war) the only really effective broad spectrum antibiotics were sulphur derivivtive, tri sulfa is a mix of 3 diffrent sulpha componds. its broad specturm and non specific so it will knock your filter around quite badly, much worse then other anti bacterials, in a hospital tank with daily or twice daily massive water changes this sin't a problem, i wouldn't use it in a display tank or any large tank which NEEDS a biological filter

goodoo
Thu Jun 24, 2010, 01:21 AM
Yeah thought so. Bought some and then read the label and it said iy only treats external . Cool Thanks . Go the socceroos.