PDA

View Full Version : Do You Name Your Fish?

Aurora
Thu Feb 24, 2005, 12:46 PM
I know that a lot of non serious people who only keep a goldfish in a bowl like to name their fish, but it seems when you get serious about it.....like you have to be to keep Discus......people seem not to name their fish as much.
I was just wondering how many people do name their fish, and if they do what do they call them?

P.S Theres got to be at least 10 'Jaws', and possibly a few 'killers' :lol:
Dont be embarassed ;)

P.P.S I havent named mine, but am thinking about it.

weird
Thu Feb 24, 2005, 12:50 PM
Ofcourse,

Main tank:=
Tiger
Camo
Tango
Brando
Slyvester a.k.a evil eye
Braveheart

Second tank:
Punky,Punky2,Punky3,Punky4,Punky5,Punky6

but on the subjects of names my favourite name is what I have for a bala shark ... PACMAN and is buddy is SUPER MARIO

Aurora
Thu Feb 24, 2005, 01:13 PM
Your not a Punky Brewster fan are you Dave? :lol:

weird
Thu Feb 24, 2005, 08:47 PM
No no no no ...... all my discus have kewl manly names ! LOL.

Merrilyn
Thu Feb 24, 2005, 09:03 PM
Yeah like Punky 8-)

Ben
Thu Feb 24, 2005, 10:48 PM
because i have quite a few tanks and fish in them now, i call them tank one, tank two, tank three etc...........

Merrilyn
Fri Feb 25, 2005, 03:45 AM
Now c'mon. Who voted "What's a fish" :lol:

milt master p
Fri Feb 25, 2005, 05:03 AM
I sometimes give names to my fish but only if the people who I get them off are particularly quirky or remarkable. For eg I bought a pair of bristlenose off a married couple called Phil and Marianne (total fish geeks; lovely people). Marianne was quite a bit bigger than Phil and as it turned out the female BN was quite a bit bigger than the male so they were named after their original owners.

I never name discus though.

chris
Fri Feb 25, 2005, 11:31 AM
Ive only ever named one fish. He was an albino cory, he used to swim up and down the tank all day. So I named him crazy Al.
Thats my claim to fame. 8-)

weird
Fri Feb 25, 2005, 12:04 PM
OK I am beginning to think I am weird. I have about 40 names for my fish ... I draw the line at naming tetras, livebreeders and danios though except maybe if I had congos.

I think one of the reasons why I name my fish is because it gets my better half involved, she helps name them, and it is easy to draw her attention to a particular fish.

kalebjarrod
Sat Feb 26, 2005, 09:49 PM
i name a couple of my fish.

i have two little boys and they think its fun

plus read this old thread

you'll all be naming your fish in a week

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=680

goldenpigeon
Sun Feb 27, 2005, 01:13 AM
i havnt named any of my discus yet because i cant think of names worthy of them. i plan to do it soon.

David

DiscusD
Sun Feb 27, 2005, 08:19 AM
YES...
Orange, Stripes, Moldy, and Deformer

All MINE!@@!
..............\/

Del
Thu Mar 24, 2005, 04:19 AM
My first babies (checkerboards) are called Tages and Taos due to a mixture of a "TV show on Egypt" and generally bad spelling, the day I got them.

My 3 spot Dwarf Gourami "Spot" (original I'm sure)

My Bandit Catfish (Corydora) is "Stone."

"Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" for my 8 Cardinal Tetras (what else would there be to call them...)

My excuse - I have only had my checkerboards for 5 days...

flukes
Thu Mar 24, 2005, 09:02 AM
I never used too but when i went too the vet too get some metro for my fish he asked for his name, so from then on my male yellow crystal was called "Geoffry"

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 24, 2005, 11:32 AM
LOL flukes. Where did you get that one from?

flukes
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 02:00 AM
dunno first thing too come too mind, it actually suited the little guy..!! :lol: