PDA

View Full Version : Medication help

haz_10
Fri Apr 16, 2010, 03:02 AM
Hey guys,

I have just medicated my tank with aqumaster tape worm and fluke tablets dissolved them in the tank.

It states that I require a 25% water change after 48 hours and repeat dosage after 7 days.

A. Can I do a 50% water change.

I would like to use big L as well but I heard not to use at the same time. Would it be ok to use big l 48 hours after my 7th day application of the aqumaster tape worm application.

So in plan as of today I was hoping to the following

1. Add first dose of AM tape worm and fluke
2. Nothing
3. 48 hour - 50%water change
4. Nothing
5. Nothing
6. Another – 50% water change
7. Add 2nd dose of AM tape worm and fluke
8. Nothing
9. 48 hour - 50% water change

When do I start using the big L?

Thanks

ILLUSN
Fri Apr 16, 2010, 05:26 AM
you can start using BIG L any time after your water change, usually i use BIG L 1st on week one, then use prazi on weeks 2 and 3 and then bigL again on week 4, and week 6.

BIG L doesn\t remain active for long in the water, by the end of 24hrs most of it has broken down, worms are killed instantly, i sugest you finish your prazi treatment then start BIG L

haz_10
Fri Apr 16, 2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks Illusn,

One thing of noticed about the Aquamaster tablets they dont fully desolve. Are they still effective?

I was thinking of syphoning the debri from tablets in the next water change what do you recon.

Thanks

Haz

Mr Wild
Sat Apr 17, 2010, 12:11 AM
If it is of any help I always syphon the substrate each time I wc especially with meds. It is a type of caking agent that you are seeing and not the med itself but it can make a mess.

ILLUSN
Sat Apr 17, 2010, 01:00 AM
yeah siphon it out, its mostly filler, i crush mine and work the powder into a paste before i dose the tank.

haz_10
Sat Apr 17, 2010, 06:02 AM
Thanks Guy excellent help