PDA

View Full Version : worming discus

andrewl
Mon Apr 05, 2010, 11:19 AM
hi all,

i am just chasing some info on worming discus i have 6 juevaniles i am currntly feeding spectrum pellets with garlic, frozen blood worms and frozen brine shrimp i have steared away from live blood worms but not sure if the fish shop had fed live worms before i had purchased them, would i have to worm and how would i do it?

regards

Andrew.

swampy1972
Mon Apr 05, 2010, 12:27 PM
Hi Andrew,
Have a search through the medication section. There's heaps of good info there. Best fo luck with the Juvies.

Hollowman
Mon Apr 05, 2010, 01:27 PM
I am of the mind these days only to treat for worms if I see the need to. Feed from safe sources, ie, not live food, apart from live brine shrimp (which are safe). If a fish looks like it is not eating or generally off colour then it may be worth it.
Only use meds where really necessary to avoid resistance.

Bob Daniel
Fri Aug 17, 2012, 01:06 AM
My experience has been I've wormed fish at about 7 to 8 weeks and again every 6 months until no worms are passed on two cycles. I have not kept fish in years but when I did I'd use Panacur in my beefheart mix. I understand people are using Prazinow in the water with good results.

Get yourself a good microscope and a copy of Untergassers "Handbook of Fish Disease". It saved my behind several times and still a good reference.