PDA

View Full Version : Need help with fungus pls

ktaliana
Wed Feb 10, 2010, 11:53 AM
Hello everyone, my first post here :)

I have a large discus that I recently treated for fungus using Protozin from Waterlife. Fungus before treatment was present on various areas of the body but it all went off after the treatment ... except 2 small spots on her tail. It's been almost 2 months since I completed treatment and moved her out of the QT.

After almost 2 months, the 2 spots on her tail, although much smaller, are still present, and occasionally a white spot of fungus appears randomly on her body and then disappears after a while.

I do regular water changes and the water is in very good condition (I think :)), and the discus is only accompanied by plants in this tank.

Thanks in advance for your help.

ILLUSN
Wed Feb 10, 2010, 12:48 PM
thats not fungus, the spot on the body can be thought of as a small "blister" it'll come and go with stress to the fish and irritation to the slimecoat.

the spots on the tail are nothing to worry about several of my fish have had them from time to time, with good water they disapear

Hollowman
Wed Feb 10, 2010, 02:27 PM
Of course you should not be getting this. It would slide me towards water problems over an extended period of time. You need to up water change regime, wipe downs and gravel cleaning to keep everything in tip top condition.
H

ktaliana
Wed Feb 10, 2010, 04:51 PM
Many thanks for your answers. I do a weekly water change and the gravel is very clean I have to say. Has been there in the aquarium with just one fish for just over 3 months. Anything else I should check or consider please?

your help is greatly appreciated.

ILLUSN
Thu Feb 11, 2010, 12:18 AM
The white spot in the above pic looks like a fat "deposit" what are you feeding?

jon_chan
Thu Feb 11, 2010, 08:00 AM
Move the fish to a small tank. Rasie the temp to 32'c with a salt bath, 30g coarse salt per 10L water. Well areated is necessary. The white spots will be gone after a 5days treatment.

ktaliana
Fri Feb 12, 2010, 12:14 AM
The white spot in the above pic looks like a fat "deposit" what are you feeding?

I feed her flakes or granules in the morning and beefheart in the evening.

ktaliana
Fri Feb 12, 2010, 12:20 AM
Move the fish to a small tank. Rasie the temp to 32'c with a salt bath, 30g coarse salt per 10L water. Well areated is necessary. The white spots will be gone after a 5days treatment.

I tried this after the treatment and it worked quite well. However a spot here and there emerges and disappears again. I was thinking of a second treatment prior to posting but am a bit reluctant just so I avoid stressing the fish :)