PDA

View Full Version : Who has what in Sydney at the moment?

Noddy65
Fri Nov 06, 2009, 06:22 AM
Hi all
Well I really want to get back into apistos and am planning a trip into Sydney this weekend

Which LFS has what at the moment?...good quality fish of course :D

Mike

Rod
Fri Nov 06, 2009, 06:43 AM
Wait a couple of weeks and come to Brisbane!

:wink:

They are in quarantine!

Noddy65
Fri Nov 06, 2009, 06:50 AM
Hmmm...what have you got? :D

Mike

Rod
Fri Nov 06, 2009, 10:11 PM
Fishchick has.....

New
A. bitaeniata
A. juruensis
A. viejita Color form II
A. sp. "Erdfresser"
A. baenschi (Inca50)
+???

Old
A. agassizii
A. borellii
A. cacatuoides
A. hongsloi
A. nijsseni
A. eunotus
A. trifasciata

I'll update the list as I get more info.... :wink:

Noddy65
Thu Nov 12, 2009, 09:28 AM
Hi Rod
I sent Fishchick an email but she hasnt replied...is she away?

Mike

ps...are you also selling Telmatochromis vittatus? If so...I bought some off you, through Grant

Robdog
Thu Nov 12, 2009, 10:49 AM
Same here Mike. I think she gets around to her emails eventually but it's not a same day service. :P

Rod
Thu Nov 12, 2009, 10:59 AM
Hi Mike,

re fishchick
Be patient....Her Mum passed away recently
I'm sure she will answer....fish are still in quarantine anyway.

She has some quality apisto's.....I have 5 of her current species
Smart lady ....she has set up a display of pairs in 30cm cubes....most have spawned!!

Hope the telmats go well for you.....they've been well looked after....only feed blackworms,mossie larva and NLS...... :wink:
still have a few left

Regards....Rod

ps Thanks for buying some telmats....cashes me up to buy some more apisto's.... :lol:

Noddy65
Thu Nov 12, 2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks Rod
I thought it was you with the Telmets :D

Ill wait for her to email me...

What sp do you have?

Mike

Rod
Thu Nov 12, 2009, 12:16 PM
borelli
nijsseni
trifasciata
agassizii ....triple red
agassizii ....tefe
caucatoides....double red

+ lots of other small fish.... :)

Pixeltoy
Thu Nov 12, 2009, 01:54 PM
So did we establish who has stock in Sydney atm? I'd love some baenschi (inka50).
Neptunes at Blacktown has dome nice cauc double red.

Noddy65
Thu Nov 12, 2009, 09:59 PM
Hmmm...I dont think theres much in Sydney...most appear to be in Melbourne or Brisbane.
Theres NO baenschi to be had for love or money at the moment. I had three pairs (5 feamles) breeding like goats in Perth but left them all there....thinking I could easily replace them when I got here but theres none here at all. I had great success using trios and two tanks...Id cycle the male through the two tanks with one female in each two footer....they seemed to do better when I removed the male after they spawned (actually reduced damage to the male by the female)

Mike

Robdog
Fri Nov 13, 2009, 01:47 AM
I had a couple of baenschi spawns using a pair in a 1ft cube. Never had much problem with after spawn aggression from the female. :? The male always kept himself busy trying to bash up a big apple snail so I guess she just let him be :lol:

Noddy65
Fri Nov 13, 2009, 02:33 AM
Id love to know where all the baenschi have gone...there must have been thousands spawned over the last few years yet theres just none around

Mike

hengeli
Fri Nov 13, 2009, 06:22 AM
Re Baenschi Mike, we can always go ask if bondi will bring some in for us, will take a while cos the african shipment has to arrive first. I would love to get a least 5-6 pieces.

Rod
Fri Nov 13, 2009, 07:25 AM
Hey Mike,

Just wait a few months(till I get mine and spawn them) and I'll send some down for you to share with Grant!

:lol: :wink:

Regards....Rod

ps congrats on the New Son!!

Perhaps we should get organised and all breed/maintain a different specie and then swap them around???

Noddy65
Fri Nov 13, 2009, 07:40 AM
That sounds like a great idea...in Perth I kept a minimum of two pairs (preferable three) so that I could sell people ONLY unrelated fish.

Mike

TW
Fri Nov 13, 2009, 09:42 AM
fishchick is in Brisbane, right? Does she ship to Sydney?

How can I find her email, as if she ships to Sydney, I'd be interested. Mike, we could possibly share shipping costs?

Noddy65
Fri Nov 13, 2009, 10:51 AM
As soon as I hear back from her Ill let you know

Mike :o

gingerbeer01
Fri Nov 13, 2009, 11:01 AM
No she doesn't ship until after I have been shopping Mwahahahah

Steve

coo-ee
Sat Nov 14, 2009, 12:54 AM
I think Jodi has the following for sale :D :D :D

Hoignei Venezuela
Cacautoides Super Red
Borellii Blue/Yellow
Eunotus
Trifasciatus
Biataeniata - yellow (wild caught)
Apisto fresa - (wild caught)
Apisto Inka - (wild caught)
Apisto jurensis - (wild caught)
Apisto Viejita II XL - (tank bred Thailand) - these are big fish

And if you ask her really nicely she might bring in some A.iniridae wild caught from Columbia in her next shipment. :wink:

TW
Sat Nov 14, 2009, 02:15 AM
Hi, who is Jodi? Is she fishchick?

I rang B and C Aquarium today and they told me all that had were some cacs that very little colour. They might have something more in 4-6 weeks.

Mike, let me know how you go with fishchick.

steph
Mon Nov 16, 2009, 11:01 AM
Ill have some of those A. sp fresa - lovely looking fish.

Ill have some Dicrossus maculatus if there are any floating around :)

Seriously, if anyone is thinking of a shipment from brisbane i'ld be interested in combining something.

And where is fishchick/Jodi's shop, Ill be up in Brisbane on holidays after Christmas and its always fun to go "window" shopping. Unfortunately not coming straight home so no chance of bringing fish with me.

Cheers

Steph

Robdog
Mon Nov 16, 2009, 11:37 AM
Jodi-Lea is from Fishchick Aquatics in Annerley, QLD I believe.

Hassles
Mon Nov 16, 2009, 01:25 PM
I might point out that Bayfish (who services Sydney) currently have 2 varients of A.viejita, 3 varients of A.agassizii, A.panduro, A.nijsseni, A.hippolytae and some others. I myself ordered a pair of A.hippolytae which I carried home today. So,.... if any of the abovementioned Apistos are of interest place an order with your LFS

take care

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Nov 17, 2009, 06:32 AM
Auburn Aquarium had a pair of Agasizzi "Fire Red" that are apparently quite rare (and they were priced to suit). They were fantastic looking fish though. Has anyone seen these guys before?

Hassles
Tue Nov 17, 2009, 06:45 AM
Auburn Aquarium had a pair of Agasizzi "Fire Red" that are apparently quite rare (and they were priced to suit). They were fantastic looking fish though. Has anyone seen these guys before?

dunno, but if they're anything like the Super-Red I was takin' photos of them this afternoon - in my tank!!! I shall post the images soon.

TW
Tue Nov 17, 2009, 08:43 AM
Hi Ado

Did they look like this?
http://www.tropicalfishfinder.co.uk/stores_productsinfo.asp?store=6&prod=2260

Hassles
Tue Nov 17, 2009, 12:41 PM
Hi Ado

Did they look like this?
http://www.tropicalfishfinder.co.uk/stores_productsinfo.asp?store=6&prod=2260

hmm, well thats what my fish look like. I have taken some images which I shall try to upload later today. Hey Ado, what was the price being asked for the pair you saw ? ?

OK I have uploaded the image at the Dwarf Cichlid Photos area...

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=154102#154102

My LFS had the fire-red and has the Red-Tail and I must admit the Red-Tail was very tempting regardless of its much lower price tag.

TW
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 02:26 AM
I rang them. It was $149. How much was yours, Hassles?

Noddy65
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 02:46 AM
If its Auburn it will be VERY expensive...Id shop around :D

Mike

TW
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 03:11 AM

Mike

That's a good idea, but which shops in Sydney have them. B & C don't, but I haven't asked Aqua Pets lately. Last time, they didn't have anything much though, he does try to get things in. The Kingswood shop, if they have anything, is likely to be even more expensive.

Seems like for Apistos, Sydney is not the place to be.

How did you go with fishchick, Mike?

Noddy65
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 03:32 AM

Mike

That's a good idea, but which shops in Sydney have them. B & C don't, but I haven't asked Aqua Pets lately. Last time, they didn't have anything much though, he does try to get things in. The Kingswood shop, if they have anything, is likely to be even more expensive.

Seems like for Apistos, Sydney is not the place to be.

How did you go with fishchick, Mike?

She emailed me back...looks like its a goer..Im just waiting to hear back again with a price for shipping...
Im getting two pairs of baenshi adn two pairs of bitaeniata....Id get more but dont have the money of the tank space :D
The fresa do look nice...according to Apistogramma.com theyre actually Apistogramma eremnopyge

Mike

Ill PM you when I know more

TW
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 03:34 AM
Hi Mike

Are you able to send me the information and/or pictures she sent you. That way, I can be ready with my choices & not hold you up with placing the order.

That is of course, if it is ok with you if we share shipping?

Noddy65
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 03:43 AM
Hi Mike

Are you able to send me the information and/or pictures she sent you. That way, I can be ready with my choices & not hold you up with placing the order.

That is of course, if it is ok with you if we share shipping?

The first email was just to confirm that she can ship down here to me...Im waiitng for costs at the moment...I didnt get any pics.

What were you after? Theres no problems sharing shipping at all...

Mike

bartek
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 05:38 AM
In Sydney Slippery Little Suckers usually has some and B & C Aquarium also usually has stock.

You would have to ring each to find out what they currently have.

TW
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 05:50 AM
In Sydney Slippery Little Suckers usually has some and B & C Aquarium also usually has stock.

You would have to ring each to find out what they currently have.

I rang B and C Aquarium today and they told me all that had were some cacs that very little colour. They might have something more in 4-6 weeks. The guy I spoke to at B and C (not Barry) told me they only had the same cac's they've had since before they moved shops and they didn't have much colour. Pretty nice of him to tell me that, as it saved me a fairly long drive. He said to call again in 4-6 weeks.

TW
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 06:09 AM
The first email was just to confirm that she can ship down here to me...Im waiitng for costs at the moment...I didnt get any pics.

Mike Hi Mike, going by the list that fishchick has (provided by coo-ee ), I'm keen on the following pairs:-

1. Apisto Viejita II XL - (tank bred Thailand)
3. Apisto Inka - (wild caught)
4. Apisto fresa - (wild caught)

I'd like some Biataeniata and baenshi too, but figure I might as well wait until you have fry for sale :wink:

In a planted 138G (with discus) how many apisto pairs do you think I could safely have? I have other tanks too, but just wondering if I could fit a pair of 2 species in there.

Hassles
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 07:19 AM

the cited price was $165 for the pair - less my usual and generous discount ;-) The Red-Tail at $89 per pair.

for whats its worth, it costs me about $30 to freight a carton (with a couple of fish) from Melbourne to Sydney via AAE

gingerbeer01
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 09:26 AM

Mike Hi Mike, going by the list that fishchick has (provided by coo-ee ), I'm keen on the following pairs:-

1. Apisto Viejita II XL - (tank bred Thailand)
3. Apisto Inka - (wild caught)
4. Apisto fresa - (wild caught)

I'd like some Biataeniata and baenshi too, but figure I might as well wait until you have fry for sale :wink:

In a planted 138G (with discus) how many apisto pairs do you think I could safely have? I have other tanks too, but just wondering if I could fit a pair of 2 species in there.

Guys,

I will be in there on the weekend and can report on quality if you like.

The inka are baenchi - inka common name until they were described.

However I can say based on previous fish - these will be good.....

Steve

BigDaddyAdo
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 11:30 AM
They looked very much like that first link Hassles. I was very tempted even at that price.........

steph
Thu Nov 19, 2009, 12:09 AM
Mike - you have a PM :)

Noddy65
Thu Nov 19, 2009, 10:14 AM
I heard from Fishchick today
Shipping to Sydney is $20 overnight so its probably worth getting them sent directly to you rather than driving down to collect from me...being Sydney itll cost you $10 at least in tolls before you start... :evil:

Mike

TW
Thu Nov 19, 2009, 10:38 AM
I guess so. $20 is quite reasonable.

The tolls on M5 and they are refundable (for private trips) via the M4/M5 cash back scheme. In case you didn't know that Mike, you just need an e-tag & then you have to register with scheme. You get a M4/M5 usage statement every 3 months from your provider. You send that to the RTA & you get the tolls back (minus GST).

Where are they sent to? Do you have to pick up from airport, or can they come to your house?

Noddy65
Thu Nov 19, 2009, 10:53 AM
I am registered but dont receive anything.... :(

They deliver to your door :D

Mike

TW
Thu Nov 19, 2009, 11:15 AM
Who is your service provider? I'm with Roam e-tag.

They send me a quarterly statement of M4/M5 usage, I then fill out the RTA claim form, attach the roam e statement & fax it to the RTA. It doesn't take too long before they have deposited the refund in my bank.

If your e-tag is the RTA, I'm not sure of the process. But any other service provider, the system should be the way I describe.

Can you please pm me with fishchick's email address?

TW
Thu Nov 19, 2009, 12:53 PM
I have a confession. I caved & went to Auburn tonight. I bought those apistogramma agassizi fire red. They do look very different to the usual agasssizi red. Here's a pic from the web
http://www.aquaticquotient.com/gallery/files/7/6/9/0/2903129255045.jpg My male does look very much like the fish in the picture, but I think the web one is slightly better than mine. Still, mine is a very pretty fish. The female was a vibrant yellow in LFS, but has lost some of that in the trip. They have eaten, so seem to be settling in.

They also had some PT.Nigerian Red, which I have a very soft spot for. Not the nicest specimens I ever seen, but at $40 for a pair, I thought I would try them & see how they colour up.

steph
Thu Nov 19, 2009, 09:53 PM
Congrats TW :) I would love a pair, I have a real soft spot for A. agassizi of any sort they are one of my all time favourites, but I already have the A. agassizi tefe and no where to put diff females.

Let us know how they do.

WRT shipping, as they deliver to your door I might save my fishies an extra 3 hours in a van/car and ship seperately as we are only 15 mins from the airport

Steph

TW
Thu Nov 19, 2009, 09:55 PM
Hi Steph

Do you have contatct details for fishchick? I might have to delay getting more for a little while, as these two new pairs are taking up my last two QT's.

BigDaddyAdo
Thu Nov 19, 2009, 10:07 PM
Nice TW !!!! The female looks great huh.... She was quite large too.

gingerbeer01
Fri Nov 20, 2009, 04:46 AM
The incas are all gone already - I missed out. The fresa look good - need to grow and colour but ood young fish. Jurensis look like jurensis (or more correctly A sp. "black chin")

Haven;t seen the bitaeniata yet.

Noddy65
Fri Nov 20, 2009, 05:48 AM
The incas are all gone already - I missed out. The fresa look good - need to grow and colour but ood young fish. Jurensis look like jurensis (or more correctly A sp. "black chin")

Haven;t seen the bitaeniata yet.

I hope she reserved two pairs of baenschi for me?

Mike

gingerbeer01
Fri Nov 20, 2009, 08:34 AM
I would say so - two pairs were to Sydney and one to Cairns - you buggers took my fish :D . Not many came in this time.

Robdog
Fri Nov 20, 2009, 01:44 PM
I would say so - two pairs were to Sydney and one to Cairns.

I wonder who got them all? :wink:

...and am I hearing this right? $150 a pair for line bred aggies?? Sheesh! :shock:

BigDaddyAdo
Fri Nov 20, 2009, 11:09 PM
I would say so - two pairs were to Sydney and one to Cairns.

I wonder who got them all? :wink:

...and am I hearing this right? $150 a pair for line bred aggies?? Sheesh! :shock:

Its Auburn Aquarium... Im surprised they were that cheap..... ;)

gingerbeer01
Sat Nov 21, 2009, 03:19 AM
These are very fancy line bred - and the price actually sounds fair to me.

TW
Sat Nov 21, 2009, 05:51 AM

the cited price was $165 for the pair - less my usual and generous discount ;-)

They were expensive, for sure and I'm sure our o/s friends getter a much better deal than us Aussies ...... but I've not seen these anywhere .... very different to normal aggies .... and you can see from above that even Hassles says the cited price was $165 for the pair.

So yes, I paid more than I would want to for a pair of apistos, but still I am happy.

BigDaddyAdo
Sat Nov 21, 2009, 08:02 AM
Once you breed them id be happy to take a pair off your hand. ;)

Robdog
Sat Nov 21, 2009, 09:06 AM
Elizabethae, diplotaenia maybe, agassizii (no matter how inbred) come off it.

I guess it's inevitable that apisto's will eventually follow in the footsteps of discus and end up pink, yellow and blue with ridiculous make believe names :roll:
Some people just can't leave well enough alone.

*rant over*

Hassles
Sat Nov 21, 2009, 12:52 PM
Well the Agassizii is an Apistogramma available in an amazing array of colour morphs to begin with. Even the cacatuoides is available in about half-a-dozen varients. I don't think we'll see many (if any at all) varients like the Steel Blue and from my perspective we're all looking for good genetics with our Apistos. I doubt there will be many keen on any new weird / strange morph - well I hope not anyway

As for the pair of fire-reds I have, well you can spend ages with your nose to the glass ignoring their colouration and note that these are simply lovely fish.

TW
Sat Nov 21, 2009, 03:15 PM
Oh well, I love them line bred or not. Same as I love my fancy discus.

However, I must say out of all discus, I love the natural wild form best. Shame they're not more readily available :(

Noddy65
Sun Nov 22, 2009, 03:27 AM
I would say so - two pairs were to Sydney and one to Cairns - you buggers took my fish :D . Not many came in this time.

Hmmm...yep...I wonder who got the 2 pairs :P

Robdog
Sun Nov 22, 2009, 11:40 AM
:lol:

Noddy65
Wed Nov 25, 2009, 04:35 AM
Arrived today :D

gingerbeer01
Wed Nov 25, 2009, 08:02 AM
Can I see a picture of my fish?

Robdog
Wed Nov 25, 2009, 12:46 PM

gingerbeer01
Wed Dec 02, 2009, 11:46 PM
He looks good

Noddy65
Tue Dec 08, 2009, 08:26 AM
Looks like Ive got A. bitaeniata eggs :D

TW
Tue Dec 08, 2009, 11:21 AM
So not too long to wait before I can buy some from you, eh Mike?

steph
Wed Dec 09, 2009, 03:19 AM
Well done mike, hope the female does her thing right for you :)

Noddy65
Wed Dec 09, 2009, 05:31 AM
Well done mike, hope the female does her thing right for you :)

Females usually do :twisted: