PDA

View Full Version : c02 solonoid operation

xrboy_85
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 01:57 AM
Hey all

Just a question regarding this 2nd hand c02 set up i picked up, i hooked it all up and the solonoid clicks in and then does nothing else is that what should be happening?? the bubbles come through the buble counter.

also the diffuser is made by sera and when the c02 bubles out of the little tube it seems to form a pocket in the top tube and then water then passes through downwards and at times it seems like the pocket is getting bigger does this mean the diffuser is not diffusing so well??

tia
Justin

ILLUSN
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 02:52 AM
when the solenoid has power it will click on, when the ph controler cuts power (once corect ph is reached) it clicks off.

not a massive fan of the sera diffuser, its not that it isn't diffusing just other counter current style diffusers work better.

xrboy_85
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 03:20 AM
Thanks Illusion

I dont have a ph controller, so does that make the solonoid void??

Re diffuser i think it time to suck it up and go and buy a dupla 400, tank is 425 ltrs to start with i have dosing about 1bb/ 4 secs.

Thanks Justin

ILLUSN
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 03:34 AM
Just watch the hoses on the dupla400 from memory they are a 9mm hose, they clog REALLY fast and are a massive flow restriction, if your going to get one DO NOT HOOK IT UP TO YOUR CANISTER FILTER, get a seperate pump to run it.

if you dont have a ph controler, then just remove the solenoid and save some power (5w from memory) when you get a pH controler down the trck you can just put it back on.

xrboy_85
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 04:03 AM
Any suggestions as to a better diffuser than that one, i had been told that the 400 was the way to go??

how does the ph controller control? does it have a canister you fill with acid or somthing and it doses like an auto feeder???

sorry for the questions this is all new to me

THanks Justin

ILLUSN
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 05:02 AM
a ph controler uses and electrode to measure the ph of the water, when it gets too low it turns off.

the 400 is a good unit but tubes are way too small, i'm using a max mix co2 reactor which uses an impeller to smash co2 into super fine bubbles then usese counter curent to diffuse them into the water, it runs off my 2080 with no reduction in flow
http://www.ttnet.net/ttnet/gotoprd/OT510/040/0/051303032323736373.htm

the second best reactor i used was a 2213, i just bubbled co2 into it through the intake and it got diffused within the canister filter.

xrboy_85
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 05:39 AM
Thanks illusion
ill check it out, you didnt have any issues importing from os i take it.

thanks for the advice
Justin

ILLUSN
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 05:48 AM
i got it here from an online shop just cant remember which one get onto google and have a look around, it was alot cheeper as well then the dupla 400 i think i paid $35ish for mine.

xrboy_85
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 05:58 AM
sweet thanks mate

Noddy65
Sat Oct 10, 2009, 02:35 AM
I use an UpAqua atomiser...the best CO2 diffusor Ive used so far (and Ive used alot)

Mike