rex82
Tue Sep 01, 2009, 05:43 AM
more....

scott bowler
Tue Sep 01, 2009, 09:02 AM
you have some very nice fish there . love to see more pics

Pixeltoy
Mon Sep 07, 2009, 01:59 PM
Stunning specimens there. A real 'wow' factor!

Matt15
Tue Sep 08, 2009, 10:51 AM
Nice fish mate. Thx for sharing..;)

xrboy_85
Wed Sep 09, 2009, 12:18 AM
STUNNING! ABOLUTLEY STUNNING, any for sale?? it seams like there are hardly any discus keepers in brissy there all hiding down south!!!

nicholas76
Wed Sep 09, 2009, 03:33 AM
STUNNING! ABOLUTLEY STUNNING, any for sale?? it seams like there are hardly any discus keepers in brissy there all hiding down south!!!

Lol you need to look harder as some of the best are based in brisbane and export south!

xrboy_85
Wed Sep 09, 2009, 05:04 AM
Nicholas, by how you replied to that question i would assume you are refering to lfs's however i was refering to members of the forums selling offspring my their pairs. if you went through nearly every thread on this website the ratio of southerners to brissyits is very different....

Matt15
Wed Sep 09, 2009, 05:53 AM
Nic is absolutely correct.
SEQ holds majority of the discus stakes in Australia for both importing and breeding, retail and private. Its all about timing Justin. Breeders don't always hold stock readily forsale. Patience mate and you'll see them over time. Another worth while place to watch is the Australian Pet Link. Many breeders advertise on there however be warned. There are also alot of low quality fish being sold into the market which is both sad and unfortunate.

Hollowman
Wed Sep 09, 2009, 06:13 AM
however be warned. There are also alot of low quality fish being sold into the market which is both sad and unfortunate.

This is very sad and hopefully we can try to educate as many aquarists as we can that they must choose wisely and not just breed rubbish combinations of fish that no one will want. Makes me quite mad to see the dross that people want to make a swift buck from!!

Patience and abstainance in this game is a must. :wink:

Steve

nicholas76
Wed Sep 09, 2009, 09:54 AM
Nicholas, by how you replied to that question i would assume you are refering to lfs's however i was refering to members of the forums selling offspring my their pairs. if you went through nearly every thread on this website the ratio of southerners to brissyits is very different....

Make an effort to touch base with other forum users and you will find your assumption is incorrect

Even rex82 who has posted in this thread is from morayfeild,, which I believe is a Qld suburb??, theres a starting point for you Justin,

Like Matt stipulated your based in the "hot seat" for finding quality Discus.

rex82
Wed Sep 09, 2009, 11:29 PM
yeah i am based in Morayfield just out of Brisbane.....my turks have come from a breeder you may know from the forum named Squid, he was based in toowoomba and bred mainly wilds....others are imports......yes we are do see some nice fish here in brisbane at times......the lfs isn't the place to find them though......i think the shops down south are of higher quality than what we see here.

xrboy_85
Thu Sep 10, 2009, 02:03 AM
thanks everyone

ill go back to rockin chair and keep a close eye :shock: