PDA

View Full Version : New discus!

Kokoro
Thu Jul 23, 2009, 12:00 AM
Hi all

So.. I sold my breeding pair a few days ago, and yesterday went to the lfs to buy some tetras, only to come home with 3 juvi discus :P

I got 2 turqs and a RDG, and asked them to call me if they get more RDGs in next week so I can get 2 more.

They're very stressed, as they've only been in the tank overnight, but they're looking good already. The photos really don't do the RDG justice, it almost looks like it's glowing!

Enjoy! :P

mcloughlin2
Thu Jul 23, 2009, 01:24 AM
Very nice mate.

By the way do you mean RGD as in Red Golden Diamond? I'm slightly confused by RDG?

Mattzilla
Thu Jul 23, 2009, 02:50 AM
stunning turks

great pattern and bold colour

body shape is also very good

i think you made a good purchase!

DiscusDave
Thu Jul 23, 2009, 03:03 AM
I agree with Matt, very nice Turqs!

Kokoro
Thu Jul 23, 2009, 04:07 AM
Yes, RGD = red gold diamond, sorry, I should have written that.. I was a bit worried buying it that it might turn out to be a very clean pigeon blood and maybe start to pepper later, but it looks good so far.

Thanks for the feedback on the turqs. I think i'm getting better at picking quality, made easier by the fact that my lfs now has a good selection of very nice fish.

Matt15
Fri Jul 24, 2009, 06:09 AM
Very nice fish.

ozarowana
Sat Jul 25, 2009, 01:28 PM
Yes, RGD = red gold diamond, sorry, I should have written that.. I was a bit worried buying it that it might turn out to be a very clean pigeon blood and maybe start to pepper later, but it looks good so far.

Nice fish!

I know a Brisbane based wholesaler that brings in stunning red fish like true RGD and flamingos and sells to local shops. So it is very likely a RGD.

gabriel_15
Sat Jul 25, 2009, 02:48 PM
It looks like a plain Albino Melon for me..

Not much of an RGD though,,, you sure its an RGD huh?

It should have more intense redness and yellowish body.. But nonetheless,, it looks beautiful

Good luck sir,

Hollowman
Sat Jul 25, 2009, 03:46 PM
[quote="gabriel_15"]It looks like a plain Albino Melon for me..

quote]

What makes you think it is albino Gabriel ?

Kokoro
Sat Jul 25, 2009, 10:47 PM
It looks like a plain Albino Melon for me..

Not much of an RGD though,,, you sure its an RGD huh?

It should have more intense redness and yellowish body..

I'm certain it's not albino (though I wouldn't mind if it was). It has a bit of black around the bottom of its fin now. As for whether or not it's a melon, I guess I'll have to wait and see if it gets any peppering. I'm not certain it's an RGD, but so far I havn't seen anything to prove to me it isn't.

It's still young, so I expect the colour to develop further over time

gabriel_15
Sun Jul 26, 2009, 08:13 AM
Yes sure thing its still young... a nice young discus..

But oh well,,, you see if its a real RGD,,, you should have already noticed its somewhat 'iintense redness'... and more of a yellowish...

Its just my opinion,, nothing should be worried of.. What matters most is the fish looks healthy, and good luck with it ok??

:-)

mcloughlin2
Sun Jul 26, 2009, 09:47 AM
Gabriel,

If you researched RGD's I'm sure you would find out that males often show quite poor colouration when compared to a female. All those gob smacking RGD you see are often females.

Hollowman
Sun Jul 26, 2009, 10:45 AM
Gabriel,

If you researched RGD's I'm sure you would find out that males often show quite poor colouration when compared to a female. All those gob smacking RGD you see are often females.

+1

xrboy_85
Fri Aug 14, 2009, 06:05 AM
HEY kOKORO

Where is your lfs i am on the nrth side and make the mission to pet city cause the guys on the north side never have anything nice in stock

Matt15
Fri Aug 14, 2009, 06:48 AM
HEY kOKORO

Where is your lfs i am on the nrth side and make the mission to pet city cause the guys on the north side never have anything nice in stock

That depends on WHERE and WHEN you shop.

I visited Pet City last month and was grossly disapointed. It wasn't the first time either.