PDA

View Full Version : My Discus Tanks,,

billko
Wed Jul 15, 2009, 06:38 PM
Hi,
Just sharing a couple of pics of my Discus tanks,
The last pic is of my old tank which was set up 6mths, then i upgraded to an Osaka 260 which is still work in progress,, set up 3 mths now,,
Billy,,,

sf108
Fri Jul 17, 2009, 07:11 AM
Beautiful tanks!

What substrate/fertilisers are you using? Do you use CO2 ?

billko
Fri Jul 17, 2009, 11:15 AM
Beautiful tanks!

What substrate/fertilisers are you using? Do you use CO2 ?
Hi and thanks for your comments, :)
I use eco complete at both ends and i have tetra complete under the sandy bit in the middle,
I dose easycarbo and plant nutrition daily to the tank, and the plants seem to do ok,
I have a C02 cylinder and a few bits and pieces, but not been brave enough yet to set it up,
My tapwater is soft and sits at ph 6.6 and i,m worried of it crashing if i inject C02 and would probably have to buffer the water to avoid this happening,
I,ve not ruled out using it in the future, but for now i,ll stick to what is working ok for me at the moment,,
Billy,,,

billko
Fri Aug 14, 2009, 11:28 PM
Hi,
I eventually added a black background to the tank, and moved things around a bit and think i will leave it at that, for a little while anyway.
Billy,,

Matt15
Sat Aug 15, 2009, 06:24 AM
Billy your tank looks great. Your layout looks fantastic and your plants are doing really well. Downside i'm guessing would be maintenance and cleaning in and around all those plants.

Nice work...;)

JamezMan
Sat Aug 15, 2009, 09:54 AM
Both your tanks look gorgeous and very healthy and well layed out too.

billko
Sat Aug 15, 2009, 05:18 PM
Billy your tank looks great. Your layout looks fantastic and your plants are doing really well. Downside i'm guessing would be maintenance and cleaning in and around all those plants.

Nice work...;)
Thanks Matt,
The maintainence is not too bad, and although some debris gathers around the bottom of the plants, it,s not hard to remove it.
The regular waterchanges allows me to syphon most of it out.
Water quality has always been really good in the tank and if that was to suffer i would remove most of the plants.
Billy,

billko
Sat Aug 15, 2009, 05:20 PM
Both your tanks look gorgeous and very healthy and well layed out too.
Thanks for the nice comments JamezMan, :)
Billy,,