PDA

View Full Version : Food Food & More Food

mistakes r crucial
Wed May 20, 2009, 08:23 AM
Hi Guys,

Haven't been around for months so hi to all those that know me and G'day to those that don't.

All those that have been around here for a fair while or have tried Breeders Blend food would know that as far as quality is concerned it's pretty hard to beat, no rubbish in it and of course that must have, natural Astaxanthin, not that synthetic rubbish made from oil.

The people that manufacture our food in Sydney have been in the aquarium industry for over 50 years and we have been working with them over the last few months on many of their products and have come up with the following foods and pricing. There are no retail sizes apart from the Breeders Blend, the rest of them come in minimum sizes of 1kg but I think you'll find the prices very competitive. There is no fancy packaging either, all 1 kilo lots are heat sealed in thick plastic bags so get your empty buckets ready.

The Premium Pond pellets got a great rap at the last Koi Competition, one of the American judges could not believe the health and colour of many of the entrants and it was put down to the quality of the food and the inclusion of NatuRose, our natural Astaxanthin. The Colour Enhancing Pellets and Colour Bites are both laced with natural Astaxanthin.

Apart from all that it has to be a good time to support Australian companies with the current prices of imported fish foods. You also know what you're getting, local ingredients, no rubbish, no ethoxyquin in any of our products, it sucks and yet they all still use it, and good pricing.

Breeders Blend 30gm Flake 30gm $6.00

Breeders Blend 80gm Flake 80gm $9.00

Breeders Blend 120gm Flake 120gm $15.00

Breeders Blend 500gm Flake 500gm $35.00

Breeders Blend 4KG Flake 4KG $200.00

Breeders Blend 90gm Pellet (floater) 90gm $6.00

Breeders Blend 250gm Pellet (floater) 250gm $12.00

Koi & Gold Fish Pellets Mini,SM, MED LG Per KG $9.00

Koi & Gold Fish Pellets Baby Per KG $9.00

Tropical Pellets Per KG $12.00

Tropical Pellets Baby Per KG $12.00

Algae Green Sinking Pellets Per KG $13.00

Algae Wafers Per KG $16.00

Wheatgerm Floating Sticks Per KG $17.00

Gold Fish Flakes Per KG $45.00

Tropical Flakes Per KG $52.00

Axolotyl Sinking Pellets Per KG $13.00

Colour Enhancing Pellets Per KG $18.00

Community Bites Per KG $13.00

Australian Native Pellets Per KG $13.00

Fry Powder (10% Spirulina) Per KG $26.00

No 1 Crumble Food Per KG $19.00

Cichlid Pellets Per KG $13.00

Cichlid Flakes Per KG $54.00

Colour Bites Per KG $19.00

Premium Pond Pellets Per KG $19.00

I just did a bit of a comparison, very well marketed retail food, 2.27kg - $130 and that's by far the cheapest I could find, our equivalent $40.86, is it really worth 3 times as much? As a breeder I can't justify it.

All the above pricing includes GST but does not include freight. Couriers Please offer 5kg freight bags for $8 Australia wide so larger orders won't break the bank. Smaller orders we send via Australia Post at standard rates.

If you have any questions please contact me either here or on suntel(AT)westnet.com.au. If you need to speak to me please email me and I'll send you the home phone number, the amount I use a mobile already is enough to give a man tumours!
Cheers
MAC

Mattzilla
Wed May 20, 2009, 08:56 AM
I've used a few different types of food from MAC in the past and they have all been excellent quality, so i highly reccomend it.

Cheers
Matt

ILLUSN
Wed May 20, 2009, 09:23 AM
Hey mate, whats the size of the cichlid pellets (1mm 3mm etc?)

ants
Wed May 20, 2009, 11:30 AM
what would you recomend for my discus tank,, fish are about 8 - 10cm?
Also what is the postage cost to Melbourne?

dean_alicia
Thu May 21, 2009, 12:45 AM
yes what is good for Discus are the Colour Enhancing Pellets ok for them as there main source of food?
what is postage cost to Taylors hill 3037.

mistakes r crucial
Thu May 21, 2009, 03:26 AM
Cheers Matt, good to see you're still on here mate.

Hi Illusn,

Anything from 3ml-6ml, they've got pellets all the way down to micro sizes in both floaters and sinkers but not all specifically for Cichlids.

Hi Ants,

If you're keeping Discus in my opinion Astaxanthin laced food is a must have for both health and colour so either Breeders Blend flake or the colour enhancing pellets, both top foods.

Hi Dean,

The colour enhancing pellets would be fine for Discus on a daily basis provided they're part of a varied diet. Astaxanthin cannot be overdosed to the detriment of fish health but you can over do it colour wise. Freight cost depends on the weight of individual orders. If you're talking about a 1kg bag to Melbourne about $6.

Thanks for all your interest.
MAC

dean_alicia
Thu May 21, 2009, 05:26 AM
thanks for the reply Mac.
how do you take payment if we want to buy some?

mistakes r crucial
Thu May 21, 2009, 05:41 AM
Direct deposit or PayPal.
Cheers
MAC