PDA

View Full Version : Aquasonic Amazon water conditioner

chambo
Sat Apr 04, 2009, 02:31 AM
Does any one use exstensively use Aquasonics Amazon water conditioner?
In terms of a blackwater treatment I have noticed it very cost effective to purchase in larger quantities as apposed to some of the other offerings I have seen.

I purchased a 1 litre bottle which has lasted about 3 months.
I was woundering if any one had feedback on the product?

Hollowman
Sat Apr 04, 2009, 10:16 AM
Why would you want to add it to your water? What does it say it does ?

:?

H

DiscusDave
Sun Apr 05, 2009, 06:26 AM
Looks like it's one of those conditioners that adds humic acid and tanins etc. Not sure they're really that necessary.

Water in Rain Forest Rivers is conditioned by leaf tannins, humic and organic acids. Some leaching of ground minerals also occurs. Amazon water conditioner recreates these same conditions in an aquarium. Amazon water conditioner improves the colours of soft water species, increases spawn numbers, enhances plant growth and helps keep fish healthy.

Hollowman
Sun Apr 05, 2009, 08:31 AM
I'm with you Dave, another money making 'tonic' :roll:

chambo
Wed Apr 22, 2009, 07:30 AM
I have noticed since I ran out of the amazon - thus have not been using it in my tank that the fish do not seem as content.

Should this be a direct result of not using the product I can not say for sure. I think I will grab a small quantity and monitor the result from there.

ILLUSN
Wed Apr 22, 2009, 07:32 AM
whats your ph, and water chemistry, did your old water conditioner acidify the water?

chambo
Wed Apr 22, 2009, 11:09 PM
Will do a before and after water camistry result when I get hold of some amazon.

Awaiting a ph pen also - the ph kit I currently have only reads down to 6