PDA

View Full Version : urgent my discus have cloudyand ratty fins and cloudy eyes

aaron582
Tue Jan 13, 2009, 09:32 AM
i am having trouble with my discus last week my tank was pretty dirty and i done close to a 50 % water change and for the first time with reverse osmosis water since this my fish have been sick and a few dying. this all got even better when we had a black out at home for about 4 hours so my filters wernt running for that period. after the black out which is today ive lost 2 more fish and my discus have ratty and cloudy fins and also cloudy eyes just wondering if any one could be of some help as i dont know what to do thanks.

ILLUSN
Tue Jan 13, 2009, 11:30 AM
sounds like a burn, either ph curn or ammonia burn, what are your parameters?

aaron582
Tue Jan 13, 2009, 11:54 AM
my ph is arround 6.6 to 7 and ive tested for ammonia and the test was good and ive also tested for nitrate and that test was good aswell this is why i cant work out what is happening ?

Hollowman
Tue Jan 13, 2009, 06:35 PM
my ph is arround 6.6 to 7 and ive tested for ammonia and the test was good and ive also tested for nitrate and that test was good aswell this is why i cant work out what is happening ?

You need to be more specific with the readings, what exactly was your ammonia reading, you need to test for nitrIte too.

How often and how much water are you changing right now?

Up your water changes, 50% a day for a few days, it should improve the symptoms.

H

lpiasente
Tue Jan 13, 2009, 08:44 PM
About a moth ago I had discovered for the second time in a week my kids had unplugged my canister filter and it had been unplugged for possibly 2 days. I had a large sponge filter in the tank and an air stone that's why I didn't notice). I did notice because they had the ratty fins and cloudy eyes and it was fungus, fungus everywhere. I put them in a hospital tank with some fungus cure and after a week they were fine. As I am new I wouldn't usually post in here but just thought this could be another reason. Can you post a pic?