PDA

View Full Version : My fish

jesx57
Tue Nov 18, 2008, 08:56 AM
I thought you might be interested in some pictures of the new fish I purchased. Please tell me what you think.

jesx57
Tue Nov 18, 2008, 08:58 AM
Forgot this one. My apologies for the off centre pictures. :)

lpiasente
Tue Nov 18, 2008, 10:18 AM
Babies are sooo cute. How old are they?

jesx57
Tue Nov 18, 2008, 10:38 AM
I am unsure because I bought them from a breeder about a fortnight ago. He must have had about 200 or so juvies all up, so I had to get him to help me chose some nice ones! The malboro red is the little piglet and the blue turk is alpha fish already (he gets real nasty at feeding time!). As for the white leopard, he (or she) isn't a great eater, but will only eat small brineshrimp. They're about 4cm long, so 'hopefully' I can do my best at tuning them into big graceful creatures ;).

Hollowman
Fri Nov 21, 2008, 10:39 PM
Jes,

If I were you I would get them in a bare tank asap. Daily water changes and heavy feeding. They are still VERY SMALL, and need the big water changes and food to grow properly. The second one looks stunted already, the Marlboro looks the best of the bunch.
With good maintenance you might get a couple of good ones, but still early days.

HTH

H

jesx57
Thu Nov 27, 2008, 11:59 PM
Well, since I've been doing water changes every other day, they seem to have grown a bit. I don't have a bb tank, so I'll have to do w/c everyday in the tank I have. Anyway, for what I paid for them they're not show quality, they're going to be pets. They seem to recognise me already, and follow me around the tank.

ILLUSN
Fri Nov 28, 2008, 02:08 AM
keep a close eye on that turk, looks like it has worms (big eye thin face)

jesx57
Sat Nov 29, 2008, 01:41 AM
Would you suggest I worm the tank just in case?