PDA

View Full Version : Too much aggression?

ChiefZero
Sat Nov 15, 2008, 12:30 AM
I was wondering if someone can tell me when a discus is being too aggressive to another one. I only have 2 but am waiting till one gets over something to get another to spread the agression. I have had the 2 for 3 weeks and 1 is very aggressive still. The one that is being "dominated" has scratches on its side, so it hides in the corner. I can't help but think that this other fish is just hendering the sick fish from recovering. No color problems have occured short from stress bars on the sick one.

My questions are:
How agressive is too aggressive?
If a fish is to aggressive what can be done to stop or lower down the agression short of getting a new fish?

thanks
Bryant Stephens

waitaki
Sat Nov 15, 2008, 06:48 AM
try mvoing the plant decor around, that usually takes their mind off things for a while. Or put a tank divider in until the sick one recovers. Hope the sick one gets better soon then you'll be able to add some more.

ChiefZero
Sat Nov 15, 2008, 07:06 AM
So divider but more would be better in the end correct?

waitaki
Sat Nov 15, 2008, 01:14 PM
yes - the minimum that should be kept together is 5 - but you are doing the best waiting until the other is well. You could set up your quaratine tank now though so you can buy you new fish and have them in a separate tank until you know they are healthy - at least 3 weeks in QT

ChiefZero
Sat Nov 15, 2008, 03:47 PM
ok Sounds good! Thanks