PDA

View Full Version : Just an other Queenslander

Oygle2
Mon Nov 03, 2008, 01:31 AM
Hello good people.

For some time now, 12 -18 months I've been agonising over what tank theme and fish I would like to set up in my two metre, inside display tank, which is not yet made. It will be 2000mm x 600mm wide but I’m not sure how high I can go, any ideas? Will be talking to some tank builders soon.

Then I met up with Squid, through work. Need I say any more? I will be picking up one of his pairs of wild caught discus some time soon - in Nov08.

I'm currently setting up a train of four linked tanks, (apparently, “the solution to pollution is dilution” - right Squid?) and six 500 litre “Bunnings” buckets, which I got last week for $19.00 ea, for grow up or is it grow out ponds for my new babies, which will not be linked into the four tank train.

I got hooked into fish at about ten yrs old when I saw my first baby guppies and haven't looked back. Although not having fish all that time. O yeah, I’m 51 now.

I have been looking through this site for a little while and have found a wealth of knowledge and friendship happening. I've always known fish people were nice.

Thank you for the great site and I look fwd to hours of enjoyment and learning.

Regards

Michael

PS I live in the area, west of Brisbane, that’s in southeast Queensland, Australia for the international members.

Merrilyn
Sun Nov 09, 2008, 08:17 AM
Hello Michael, and a very warm welcome to the forum.

You can't do better than wilds from Squid.

We love pics so don't forget to take lots and lots of pics when your fish settle in.

:P

TW
Sun Nov 09, 2008, 08:50 AM
Welcome :D